× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Game Searching

Breezo
Tutor

Game Searching

I have a moderate NAT type how can I get an open one, also takes pretty long to find games with a vpn and geo filter active What can I do to find game quicker?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can follow a guide here for NAT: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-o...

Using a VPN adds extra hops and latency, you're also likely connecting to a VPN/forcing a game server far away which will mean longer search times - that's normal and that is why we don't recommend it.
Message 2 of 9
Breezo
Tutor

I am on a vpn, how come after a couple games usually 1-2 I can't find any lobbies and I have to restart my app n refresh n restart my vpn to to find games agai.

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
You can follow a guide here for NAT: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-o...

Using a VPN adds extra hops and latency, you're also likely connecting to a VPN/forcing a game server far away which will mean longer search times - that's normal and that is why we don't recommend it.

Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This could be anything, it could be the VPN server is under load or the game is trying not to put you in games where your ping would be so much higher than everyone else
Message 4 of 9
Breezo
Tutor

How come is takes long to find games when I search with friends in my lobby?

Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you trying to connect to very distant servers? If so, it's likely just the fact that the game server is reluctant to put multiple players with high ping into a game. You'll have a much better experience filtering local servers.

Message 6 of 9
Breezo
Tutor

No I only connecting to close servers, so why is it taking so long, what can I do to speed it up?

Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Where abouts are you located and where are the servers you're trying to force?
Message 8 of 9
SewardDamian
Aspirant

Vpn only helps the game change to another address, will not make it faster.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7