× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How Do I know if Warzone Geo Filter is working?

MaCeMe
Aspirant

How can i include more servers when i am searching?

I think the servers are online, because when i refresh the ping heat map, they are showing up as active servers, right?
Message 26 of 77
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You can either expand your search radius, or consider enabling ping assist to around 20-40ms.

Sometimes servers can show up in ping assist but are not actively hosting games depending on the time of day, that's why it's a good idea to ensure you're Geo-filter radius gives you lots of options!

Message 27 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

I will try it this weekend. I will let you know if my geo filter works then in that way. Also a question: when i turn the geo filter on, my nat type changes to “moderate”. It was open before the geo filter was on. I portforwarded the right ports for warzone on the nighthawk and on my modem. What can i do about this?
Message 28 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It is just the Geo-Filter blocking the server that checks the NAT Status - it does not actually mean your NAT is moderate so you can ignore the reading as it will be open.
Message 29 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Hey,

I still can not find any servers when i set my ping assist to 30/40 , and when i set my radius bigger to 700km...

It just keeps searching for <55 ms for like 1 hour, what can i do about this?

I think my geo filter is working, but it doesn't find any match.

Please help to resolve this.

Message 30 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What servers are included within your radius now? Did you make the changes when the game was off completely?
Message 31 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

I tried Poland, with a ping assist of 30. And a radius of 800km. It didn’t find any game. When i turn “strict mode” off, it does find games. But when strict mode is off, the geo filter isn’t working right ? It does find games outside the geo radius right? Please let me know. Thanks for the help.
Message 32 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Geo-Filter works with strict mode off still but does allow some servers outside the radius close by. What servers do you connect to with strict off and do they have a good connection?
Message 33 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

I wanted to play on a polish server with strict off, so i selected poland as my main point, with a radius of 700km. But i heard another player in my lobby and he was from scotland? So thats pretty far away right? It had a good connection, but i just want to play with some people inside a small radius, because then skill based matchmaking isn’t that strong. A lot of streamers does this and i wonder how. The people they are against, barely shoots back.
Message 34 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can't choose who connects to the server, only the server itself. You will have the advantage over players further away as you are closer to it.
Message 35 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Yes i know, but this doesn’t resolve my issue. I want to connect to polish, indian servers with strict mode on, so no one out that radius can join jn from other countries, why doesn’t it find games ? Is there a solution for strict mode?
Message 36 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Polish server I haven't seen often so it may not always be available to play on, forcing a server very far away in India will increase the search times and you may not be able to get a game - that isn't the purpose of the Geo-Filter to try and combat SBMM. Selecting the very closest servers based on the lowest ping servers would be best.
Message 37 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Does it make sense when i use a vpn to locate myself to india to play on india servers? Or doesn’t that gonna work to search for games?
Message 38 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that could work and people do that as well
Message 39 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Thanks for your fast reply. How do i set it up with expressVPN in dumaos?
Message 40 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You will need to obtain the OpenVPN configuration files from them and then paste the contents into the Advanced setup of Hybrid VPN
Message 41 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Thanks for the fast reply again.

I tried to use expressvpn in dumaOS. I copy pasted my username, password and the configurationfiles of india from the expressvpn site. I did put this in the advanced tab. It shows it is “connected”. I did add my desktop in the vpn tab, then, i went to the ping heatmap, but the servers in netherland (my country) were still green with like 15ping, and the server in india is still showing 317 ping.

I tried to join the indian server, but it shows looking for a match <200ping for like half an hour. With the vpn set to india, i can play on the indian servers right? But it seems that it isn’t working..

Please help me with this.
Message 42 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How did you add your Desktop exactly, can you provide a screenshot please? You would most likely play on wherever the closest servers are to India yes, not sure if they have one specifically - it may be mislocated.
Message 43 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Okay, and when the vpn in india is active, i shouldn’t see green points in netherland with 15ms ping’s on the heatmap right? Because the system thinks i am located in India (please see my heatmap when vpn in india is active, the indian server is red and netherlands servers are still green, so i think it's not connecting my vpn right to india?)

Please see also the attached pictures of my VPN setup:3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Message 44 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'll be able to say for certain when I can see the pictures, unfortunately I can't see them until they have been moderated, can you use imgur for example and link them instead?
Message 45 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Here is the link:

https://imgur.com/a/0QMVYJR

Message 46 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that is right. If you type my ip into Google does it appear with your IP address or the VPN address?
Message 47 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

This is what it shows when i type my ip into google : 

My IP Information:

ISP: SoftLayer Technologies

Services: Network Sharing Device

City: Chennai

Region: Tamil Nadu

So its deffinetely on right.

Why is the server still red with 328 ping in india? And all the servers in the netherlands are still green with 10 ping? That isn't possible because my VPN says i am in India right? Please help me with this issue.

It seems like DUMAOS doesn't see my VPN is in India now?

Message 48 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay so the VPN is successfully applying to your device, that's good. Ping Heatmap pings the servers directly from the router which isn't behind the VPN - not the device which is why it is showing the pings from your actual location. If you use the Geo-Filter though the pings will be different.
Message 49 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Hey. Yes exactly. But i did try that with the geo filter, but the pings are still showing the same from my actual location with the VPN set and the geo filter to india. So what am i doing wrong? Please reply!
Message 50 of 77
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 76 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7