× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hybrid VPN XR300 DUMA OS 3.0

That_GamerYT
Apprentice

Hybrid VPN XR300 DUMA OS 3.0

So I'm thinking about buying the XR300 budget gaming router. However, after doing research, I found out that it doesn't have the hybrid VPN feature which allows my family to safely use a VPN online while I can game without the VPN and get low ping and stay safe from DDOS skids (I don't play on PS4 and the games I play aren't P2P). My question is with DUMA OS in beta, will the XR300 get the hybrid VPN feature when it has DUMA OS 3.0? Also how's progress on the new features and release date? I know you guys are very busy but thanks for making the experience better. I know the XR300 has a VPN feature, but I don't want to use hide my ass and I want to be able to select which devices must use the VPN. If not, I know the XR500 has hybrid VPN, but that's why the XR300 is a budget gaming router. @Netduma-Fraser or someone answer thanks!

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Hybrid VPN XR300 DUMA OS 3.0

I don't think it will be available for the beta, it is Netgears decision as to whether features like that are included. It is possible that it will be available some time after 3.0 releases as an extra download from the Rapp store but really I don't have any definitive answers on that front at the moment. I don't have a release date for the 300 yet but it will be sometime after the XR700 beta. You're welcome and thank you! You can use any OpenVPN provider as long as you can get their configuration files, then use that in the Advanced section of the VPN.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think it will be available for the beta, it is Netgears decision as to whether features like that are included. It is possible that it will be available some time after 3.0 releases as an extra download from the Rapp store but really I don't have any definitive answers on that front at the moment. I don't have a release date for the 300 yet but it will be sometime after the XR700 beta. You're welcome and thank you! You can use any OpenVPN provider as long as you can get their configuration files, then use that in the Advanced section of the VPN.
Message 2 of 6
That_GamerYT
Apprentice

Wait what exactly is the Rapp store? I don't really understand what it does. Is it like an app store for routers? What other things does the Rapp store have? Thanks for answering^^^

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that is exactly what it is, it isn't functional yet but we're building it out so you have ultimate customization and able to install/uninstall features as you wish. It isn't available yet but I can see it being available on there when it is.
Message 4 of 6
That_GamerYT
Apprentice

One more thing. Just wondering but when will DUMA OS 3.0 be fully released to the public? When will it come out of beta? Has the date changed because of COVID? Will there be like DUMA OS 4.0? Anyways yeah that's way ahead, but hoping for release date soon, but don't worry, take your time because stuff like that requires lots of feedback and bug fixes. Oh yeah look at this lol:‮ @That_GamerYT 

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's really hard to say because it depends on how the beta goes. For example we will need at least one more beta build to address the issues found in the latest build. If any more issues are found in that build we'll have to ascertain their severity as to whether we decide to release publicly or provide another beta build. COVID hasn't affected us too much thankfully so still working really hard. At some point there may be 4.0 but after 3.0 will come milestone 3.1.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7