× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk XR1000 Hybrid VPN in 2024

Fifacounsellor
Aspirant

Nighthawk XR1000 Hybrid VPN in 2024

I just bought a NightHawk XR1000v2 and would like to run VPN on it for my ps5 gaming. Upon checking I saw this model lacks the Hybrid VPN feature which was mentioned in the previous years discussion. A few posts in this forum suggested it would be available ‘soon’ back in mid 2023.
Will we have this feature enabled any soon? The latest firmware update on 21.6.2024 still doesn’t have it.
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is a beta update due, we're waiting for NG to release it, there is nothing else needed from our side so hopefully won't be much longer.
Message 2 of 4
Fifacounsellor
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. I saw this post dated back in November 2022 https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/HYBRID-VPN-XR1000-Any-Update/td-p/2212...

May I know what actually happened in the last 1.5 year? Do you have an ETA on this?
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There were some issues getting the feature in but there has been updates since then overall. We don't give out any ETA's as it's always subject to change, it's also not in our hands currently so entirely down to NG.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series