× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ping Heat Map on XR500, I want to connect to select servers, how do I set this up?

Pixolator
Guide

Ping Heat Map on XR500, I want to connect to select servers, how do I set this up?

Hi All,
I have the XR500 router with the latest beta firmware installed
In the Ping Heatmap when I select Cod : Cold War I got the below graph, I live around Seattle Area , although the ping heatmap showing somewhere on the border of Kansas and Oklahoma , which is giving me 8ms ping,  I found this weird, as the server next to where I live (Seatlle, WA) giving me 91ms So my question is how do I select those 2 servers on the top of the list to connect?
I used the polygon mode but mostly I'm getting into lobbies with 60-70ms or sometimes more, I rather get into games where I get 8 35ms
Is there a way to pick those servers only?

Capturepingheat.JPG

Lastly, when I click to fo ping heat map , that 8ms server is in a big diamond and when I click that diamond (one on the border of Oklahama and Kansas) it opens up and show 10 separate servers as you can see from the image aside from the 8ms and 35ms the rest is over 60ms and I don't prefer to connect those.
I look forward to reading your suggestions and thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 4
Pixolator
Guide

Re: Ping Heat Map on XR500, I want to connect to select servers, how do I set this up?

Message 2 of 4
Pixolator
Guide

Re: Ping Heat Map on XR500, I want to connect to select servers, how do I set this up?

I linked the image as an attachment to my reply above, for some reason it doesn't old properly , thank you

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7