× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: See what QoS is prioritizing?

Jamstaaa
Apprentice

See what QoS is prioritizing?

Under QoS I have it set to 'Auto detect' when there is priority traffic so it can limit download speed to ensure low ping. However the router is constantly showing high priority traffic is detected which is in turn limiting my max download speed when nobody else is using the internet.

Is there a way I can see what device the router thinks has priority traffic or a way to solve it thinking there is priority traffic when there isnt?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for posting!

If you scroll down to Traffic Prioritisation, you can see the rules defining what traffic QoS will detect and prioritise. If this isn't something you've changed, you'll see 'DumaOS classified games'. You can disable or delete this rule and add your own stuff if you'd like!

Message 2 of 5
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

Thanks for posting!

If you scroll down to Traffic Prioritisation, you can see the rules defining what traffic QoS will detect and prioritise. If this isn't something you've changed, you'll see 'DumaOS classified games'. You can disable or delete this rule and add your own stuff if you'd like!

The only rule there is the default 'NetDuma games' one which I'd like to keep as thats when I want QoS to kick in. But even if i switch my playstation off it still says its prioritising traffic so something isnt right. This didnt happen on the stock firmware

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

DumaOS Classified Games is likely picking something else up as traffic that needs to be prioritized. Disable this then add the PS with the Games Console service, see if it then disables when the console is off.
Message 4 of 5
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
DumaOS Classified Games is likely picking something else up as traffic that needs to be prioritized. Disable this then add the PS with the Games Console service, see if it then disables when the console is off.

This seems to have worked for now thanks Fraser. I'll keep an eye on it

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7