× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 Firmware

scaryp
Initiate

XR1000 Firmware

I just bought an RX1000, started setting it up but the latest firmware version is from August 2021. This is a premium product. Why is there no more recent updates for this? I would expect an update every quater, epecially given recent securuty vulnerabilites. I came across this forum today also and to see all the UPnP issues listed, thats not good. I've not even started to configure it and already thinking of returning it because of the lack of firmware updates alone.

Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 Firmware

More updates are coming, we posted about why firmware can take awhile here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38088-where-is-the-next-dumaos-firmware-for-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rou...
Message 2 of 4
scaryp
Initiate

Thanks for the reply @Fraser. I'm just a little upset that this doesn't appear to be getting the love and I thought it was the flagship device for this series. I believe that this model was released in Q1 2020 and it's missing key features present on the 'lesser' models.

As for the article you linked, the flip side to that doesn't instill a great deal of confidence to readily patch and address critical security issues which are becoming more prevalent year on year. I guess I've been spoilt coming from community driven firmware with frequent updates.

I'll persist and see how I get on. Cheers
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I totally understand your concerns. In regards to any security patches Netgear don't need anything from us for that and release those very quickly.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7