× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 R apps loading issue

Agentwhite
Star

XR500 R apps loading issue

I have had an issue with the XR500 for years now in getting R apps to load properly. I have tried upgrading firmware, downgrading firmware and today noticed that Duma OS 3.0 was available with the latest 2.3.2.230 version. I was hoping that finally my problems would be solved. Nope, same issue. Either I get message saying wait because the R app isn't loaded or R app couldn't be loaded. This is for all R apps, not just specific apps.

I see messages like this in the log: \[DumaOS\] App 'com.netdumasoftware.pingheatmap' initialised & starting., Thursday, December 30, 2021 23:34:59

But nothing else saying the app is actually started or ready. I haven’t done a factory reset because it’s a pain to reconfigure to just try a reset without any real evidence it will actually solve the issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated so I could actually use half the features of this router. Thanks
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 R apps loading issue

Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.
Message 2 of 7
Agentwhite
Star

Yes, I had made that change over a year ago and it didn’t help. I just checked and it’s still set to 5.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How often does it seem to occur? After a reboot always wait at least 2 minutes before accessing otherwise it could cause the issue.

You could try reupgrading the firmware using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there then once done do a factory reset for the freshest install possible: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Message 4 of 7
Agentwhite
Star

It happens every time and with any browser on both desktop and mobile. I’ll try the reset option using the UI first. If that doesn’t work I’ll try manual firmware upgrade then reset.
Message 5 of 7
Agentwhite
Star

I have a bizarre update. Before I did a reset I saw a post about the DumaOS app. So I downloaded it to play around and noticed that I could see settings of the Rapps within the app. This made me think that it’s just a browser issue and the Rapps are actually loaded? So then I tried Chrome in Incognito mode and all Rapps loaded fine? Thinking, ok this must be a browser cache or plug-in issue I opened regular Chrome and tested, everything worked fine. All Rapps worked?

The only strange thing that happened from the time I upgraded to the latest firmware and everything working was that 1 of my PCs on the network and my Amazon Echo both had some kind of IP conflict issue. No idea why or what caused it. I rebooted the router, did ip renew on PC and rebooted Echo and both devices connected again. I am confused how a nearly 2 year problem has simply resolved itself now?

The only outstanding issue is the QoS Rapp won’t load and throws a error saying “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘type’)” any idea on this final remaining error?
Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay that's interesting, perhaps it was caused by the browser caching the issue when you first got it.

That's an error on .130, if you downgrade, factory reset, then upgrade back to .130 it should be resolved.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7