× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300 Slow speeds after adding DHCP reservations and content blocking schedule

Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

XR300 Slow speeds after adding DHCP reservations and content blocking schedule

So I have virgin 350M down and 35M up

Been having an issue for a while now and doing testing with factory resets and only changing certain settings and then leaving to make sure what I've changed hasn't effected speeds.

So tonight I ran a speed test and 380m down (you get a little more with virgin when it bursts downloads) 38.5M up running sweet.

So to stop the kids playing fortnite all night and video calls to their friends i put back in:

Block service - all
By schedule on address range 192.168.1.200 to 192.168.1.220

I then added 5 DHCP reservations for the boys devices 200,201,etc etc under lan setup once applied and the WiFi restarts i run a speed test and instantly my speed has gone. I can't get over 100M down at all but the upload is fine

I kind of need the schedule but at the same time I need my speed and can't see how any of these settings would effect speed

I'm holding out for duma os 3 and hoping that fixes a few things

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300 Slow speeds after adding DHCP reservations and content blocking schedule

Glad to hear that! No news yet but we're working on it, it's the last beta we need to get out so hopefully won't be too much longer.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300 Slow speeds after adding DHCP reservations and content blocking schedule

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Is that rule on a schedule? For example 9pm-7am.

Also, what's the DHCP pool range? I'd advise assigning those static IPs outside of the DHCP pool to avoid any confusion.

Message 2 of 4
Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

So I rebooted it this morning and speeds come back to normal 🤔

Yes my schedule is 10pm till 8am and my range is from 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.254 so I set them well down the line as I don't think I'll ever have 200 devices on my network. I will drop my range down though so DHCP can't ever give those address out.

I'll leave it 24 hours and see what my speeds are like, seems like if I make changes a reboot after has to be done. I have issues with QoS which is switched off for now but I'm looking forward to DumaOS 3.0 which I don't suppose you have any more info on yet 😁 I wouldn't mind being a beta tester 😉

Thanks again
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear that! No news yet but we're working on it, it's the last beta we need to get out so hopefully won't be too much longer.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7