× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 DumaOs 3.0 firmware

XR700 DumaOs 3.0 firmware

any update's on the XR700 DumaOs 3.0  . the XR700 Beta DumaOs 3.0 & Fw. V1.0.1.36 as been out for almost a year now any NO update

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I replied to you on the Netduma forum but nothing to report at the moment but we are working on it - for example we believe we've fixed the Rapp not loading issues which we've been working on for awhile and which should be applicable to each platform.
Message 2 of 19

any update for the FORGOTTEN XR700

Message 3 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Nothing yet, we'll let people know when we have something available.
Message 4 of 19

any update's or are we going to keep getting the run around ?

Message 5 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've responded to you on the Netduma forum
Message 6 of 19

Well you can’t remove my post here Fraser from NetDuma
My post’s have been removed for speaking truth on the NetDuma froum

Message 7 of 19
Retired_Member
Not applicable

DM me
Message 8 of 19

Message 9 of 19
Retired_Member
Not applicable

DMD u
Message 10 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Your posts were removed because you consistently troll, your cover photo and avatar show this to be the case as well. You have made memes about me personally on the forum in addition, which is grounds for a ban but we haven't done that. You may not like what is being said but we made the post to explain what has been happening, development is a process, it's faster on the R2 because the process is shorter as we don't need to work with Netgear with our own firmware.
Message 11 of 19
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Guys calm down memes are funny but when you make memes about people that are staff that's your fault but still you're not allowed to do anything irresponsible like making memes of staff like him he has the complete right to ban you or do anything to your account when you do this
Message 12 of 19

👍 okay okay when is the firmware coming out and don’t lie so I guess Netgear support lied to me in that email I received is that what your trying to tell me that they said that NetDuma has to release the firmware they have been waiting for NetDuma to send out for release ok the run around all over again

Message 13 of 19

The only reason I have the troll face as my profile photo is because NetDuma staff and you Fraser has been trolling Netgear XR owner’s for almost 2yr now telling us it’s coming out soon and I post’s meme’s when I catch you in your lies so yeah NetDuma should stop lying 🤥 to us ,but the NetDuma R2 that’s had been out for about what 6 months or so little bit over will always get priority on firmware updates fast so you admit that and for the Netgear XR owner’s have to wait for it because there is a progress that Netgear has and that is Netgear’s fault that it’s taking so long I doubt that because of the email that I received from the Netgear support said that they were waiting for NetDuma to release the new full version of the 3.0 NetDuma OS so are they lying 🤥 Fraser from NetDuma is Netgear lying to me is that what your trying to tell me and you won’t ban me from the NetDuma forum because I speak the truth when I catch you in your lies you have taking down some of my posts
Here is the link of the post from NetDuma forum of lying progress the only reason this post was made was because they knew that that the Netgear XR owner’s would be mad because they released a new firmware update for the NetDuma R2 first knowing that Netgear XR owner’s have been waiting for almost 2yr now and NetDuma trying to cover their @$$

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38088-where-is-the-next-dumaos-firmware-for-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rou...
Message 14 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We don't give any dates on when firmware will be released as it is always subject to change, as explained in the topic you linked there is a development process. At any point in that process an issue could be found and that process then has to start over, hence why it can take awhile before a firmware is ready.

The main point of the post is to explain what we are doing to shorten that process and thus provide firmware faster to all customers. We were able to test this process with our own router as the process is already shorter, it's also public knowledge that the R2 gets new features and fixes before other units, this is because it's our in-house unit that we develop on directly.
The R2 has been out for just over a year now, prior to the recent firmware the last release was in February so it's not just XR owners who are waiting.

Support teams will give you an answer based on what they know at that time and that can change, hence why I have said a firmware is coming soon as based on the information I had available it was nearing the end of that process.
Message 15 of 19

👌🤥er so why not tell us that on that on the NetDuma forum y’all found something that went wrong and have to start the progress all over again
Instead you keep saying it’s coming out soon for the past 2yr trolling us and Netgear XR owner’s have to wait for it because there is a progress that Netgear and that is Netgear’s fault that it’s taking so long I doubt that because of the email that I received from the Netgear support said that they were waiting for NetDuma to release the new full version of the 3.0 NetDuma OS so are they lying 🤥 Fraser from NetDuma is Netgear lying to me is that what your trying to tell me. Answer my question was Netgear support lying to me ?
Message 16 of 19

I hope someone from Netgear see this
Message 17 of 19
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Why are we waiting for the xr500 to be finished it's 3.2 fw before the xr700 gets it? "Once XR500 is finished, we can get a new build for the XR700 and it should work the same." The xr500 already has official 3.0 firmware where the xr700 is still working off 2.0, wouldn't the routers still operating on 2.0 have priority?
Message 18 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@XR700-Owner The XR500 is what we use as our dev router for the XR range and because we're working on 3.2 as a whole which is where the most development comes in, once complete we can port it to the relevant platforms. 

Message 19 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7