× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Buffer-bloat QoS causing issues

Zendorea
Aspirant

Buffer-bloat QoS causing issues

Hello,
I am finding that my XR500 Stops passing traffic randomly within every 12hr period. The work around for it is to either reboot the router or to Disable Buffer-Bloat QoS Feature all together. I have also found that Downgrading the Firmware to a latter version will resolve the issue as well.

My Date of Purchase is past 90 days and I refuse to pay extra for support on a defective product. Posting here to see if this is a known issue.

NETGEAR XR500
V2.3.2.66
A7Legit
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Buffer-bloat QoS causing issues

there is a newer firmware version 2.3.2.108 for dumaOS 3.0 beta if you wanted to try it. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/m-p/2...

Message 2 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This sounds like the DHCP issue NG are looking into, just to confirm, disabling QoS resolves the issue completely? How long have you run without disconnections with that disabled?
Message 3 of 7
Zendorea
Aspirant

Before I update to v2.3.2.66 two weeks ago and re enabled QoS/Buffer-bloat feature, Ran smooth for almost 6 Months. 

I did some TSHOOTing this afternoon (Was tired of just rebooting the router); Disabled the QoS/Buffer-bloat feature and the Router started to pass traffic again with no issues. Confirmed my suspisons and looked at the log and found a Entry in the Router log that it applyed a QoS rule at the some timestamp my connection craped out. 

I just updated my router to v2.3.2.108 and did a Full factory reset. Im going to see if this resolves the issue. 

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay keep us posted, I can't see it being QoS causing it, especially on pre-beta firmware but fingers crossed its sorted on beta.
Message 5 of 7
Zendorea
Aspirant

Since Upgrading to the Pre release version of the DunOS (As stated above) I have not had any issues. 

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's great to hear, thanks for the update. Happy holidays!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7