× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection Test Failes to Give Results

SouthernGypsy
Apprentice

Connection Test Failes to Give Results

I have our XR1000v2 set ro run a scheduled test every two hours and was working fine, let me monitor the connection over time. But for going on a week now the Speed Test and Ping Test (Under Load) fail to show any results and just show a - inside a grey cirlce down on the results section. The only part that shows any results is the center Ping Test section which shows an A in a green circle.

Anyone know what's going on?

Rebooting/Restarting does not solve it.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connection Test Failes to Give Results

Post a screen capture of this please? 

What browser are you using? 

Message 2 of 6
SouthernGypsy
Apprentice

I'm using Firefox (newest version) but don't see what difference that would make, the browers is not loaded when the XR1000v2 is running most of these tests, except when I run one manually but the result is the same.

I just cleared all the test off earlier (keep in mind these do not show failed, yet they show no results in many of the fields) but here is the last few it's done plus a couple of manual ones I just did....

ScreenShot.jpg

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Has anything changed physically with your setup or settings wise prior to the issue happening?
Message 4 of 6
SouthernGypsy
Apprentice

No, everything has been the same for weeks. Just slowy it now looks like that every test. It started out where only a test every now and then would do it, then every few tests, and now EVERY test. Yet I have not changed any settings at all.

Rebooting or Power Cycling the router does not help either.

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd be tempted to say it's the hardcoded server address that is out of date, however, I believe the ping portions actually use the google servers so I don't think that tracks. So it seems more likely that these connections are being blocked in some way. What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the XR? E.g. XR in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series