× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Geo filter not showing ping.

Stevecook
Apprentice

Geo filter not showing ping.

My geo filter does not show my ping in game. I have it set to auto ping. One shows ping maybe 1 out of 20 matches but 99 % of the time it doesnt.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Steve, sorry to hear you're having this issue. It's actually something we're aware of and looking into at the moment. In some cases it may just take longer to ping - if you just leave it does the ping ever just appear after a few minutes? Also does it ping correctly if you manually ping?
Message 2 of 19
Stevecook
Apprentice

Haven't checked manual ping. Auto ping it never appears.
Message 3 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thanks for the information, could you check manual ping please and see if it pings that way?
Message 4 of 19
Stevecook
Apprentice

Manual ping works majority of the time. But also have to set my geo filter to spectating to find a match. If I have on filtering it doesnt find a match. All this started when the new update came out. I've tried deleting console from devices and flushing cloud and restarting ps4 and router none of that works. It sucks because ping isn't working and filtering not working. So have to put on spectate and it puts me in lobbies not near my location and I can not even see what my ping is for that game.

Is there another router that has the Duma software. This router seems like it has several bugs since its release. Has had issues where it randomly drops internet when I first got it. Seems like that has been ironed out now this.
Message 5 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a full screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page please so I can see how you've added the device and what settings you're using please?

Routers that have DumaOS are:
Netduma R1/XR300/XR450/XR500/XR700
Message 6 of 19
Stevecook
Apprentice

Message 7 of 19
Stevecook
Apprentice

Here is setup
Message 8 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Definitely shouldn't be a problem getting a game with those settings but could you change the distance to 650miles instead? Thats our generally recommended minimum distance.
Message 9 of 19
Stevecook
Apprentice

Any fix on geo filter not showing ping in game? I have downloaded newest firmware. Reinstalled settings after the download. It still does not show ping in game. I attached a picture of what it shows.
Message 10 of 19
Stevecook
Apprentice

The issue is not finding games. The issue is the router doesnt show ping when in game. It used to but doesnt know. Before I could judge if something was off if it was my ping and the games server for my internet. But now can not see what the ping is.
Message 11 of 19
Stevecook
Apprentice

The issue is not finding games. The issue is the router doesnt show ping when in game. It used to but doesnt know. Before I could judge if something was off if it was my ping and the games server for my internet. But now can not see what the ping is.
Message 12 of 19
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

There are some servers that we are unable to detect a ping for. This might require a geo-filter update from our end to detect it correctly.

Message 13 of 19
Ashwanthz
Aspirant

Im having the same issue geo filter not showing anything apart from location
Message 14 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Follow these instructions and see if you're able to see servers after this:

1. Hard turn off the console
2. Delete the device from the Geo-Filter
3. Flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map options
4. Ensure your device has a Xbox/PS device type in the Device Manager
5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
6. Setup the Geo-Filter how you want
7. Boot the console and the game
Message 15 of 19
Dazi
Aspirant

Hi Fraser,

I tried those steps, but auto ping information still isnt appearing for me. 

Can you suggest anything else?

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 16 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you see servers? If so does it work when you manually ping the servers? Auto Pinging not work is something we are looking into as it's likely a bug to be fixed.
Message 17 of 19
Crawlers
Aspirant

Same problem here. I did not have this problem on my R1 router, and both autoping and manual ping to any server worked fine. However, now after installing the xr700 the ping number is gone. It used to be placed at the top and also in the graphs. If I push the info button on that panel, the ping is mentioned there, so I guess it stil should be in the panel. I have tried the 7 steps mentioned above in the post. Did not do any thing. Im on version .20
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 18 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it ping properly to other games at all? Also upgrade to this firmware https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix
Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7