× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet Settings

DuButler72
Aspirant

Internet Settings

I am a newbie when it comes to setting up my tech devices. Just recently purchased an XR500 and feel pretty good about the QoS and Geo Filter settings. Where I am getting bogged down and need the most advice is around the WAN, LAN, wireless set up, and advanced settings. A key example are the settings in "wireless set up".  Not sure what to set the channel and mode options to. Any help is greatly appreciated. I may not be asking all the right questions, so any general insight is much appreciated as well.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that sounds fine. Doesn't look like it's possible on iPhone but take a look at this guide and it should give you next steps: https://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Unless you know what you need to do then I would mostly leave WAN and LAN alone. For the most part you should just be able to leave wireless setup as it is as you will have decided to use smart connect or not during the setup wizard. If you want to connect to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz channels individually then you could change this. I would leave 2.4GHz on auto channel and for 5GHz you could leave it as is or you could use a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channel and change to that.
Message 2 of 4
DuButler72
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.

I may have accidentally changed the 5GHZ channel and mode. Currently on channel 153 and mode is 1733 Mbps.  Does this sound right?

Also, can you recommed a wi fi analyzer for an Iphone that will give me the information i'm looking for (channel traffic)?

Thanks in advance for you support!

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that sounds fine. Doesn't look like it's possible on iPhone but take a look at this guide and it should give you next steps: https://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating...
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7