× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Low Speeds - Nighthawk R7960P

Jrooker
Aspirant

Low Speeds - Nighthawk R7960P

I purchased the Nighthawk X6S R7960P about six months ago and it worked great in my old apartment with a download speed of 120mbps. I just purchased a house that allowed me to get comcast 1000mbps download. Now when I run a speed test connected to the router, I get around 80-90mbps. My 5G wifi is the same if not worse. I have Cat6 cables running to everything and connected directly to my modem, i receive around 700mbps download.

any suggestion on why my speed is low or if there are settings i need to change?

I also did a reset on my modem as well when I moved.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Low Speeds - Nighthawk R7960P

A wired PC connected to the router should result in seeing near 900Mpbs using Ooklas installable speed test app. 

Wireless may max out at around 300-500Mpbs depending upon conditions, signal, noise and wireless mobile device design and support. Not all wifi devices will see higher speeds. 

Please continue to post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7