× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi 6 Router (XR1000)

joellabelle
Aspirant

NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi 6 Router (XR1000)

Hello, I have the following in my home: NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi 6 Router (XR1000) and NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender EAX80.  We are having issues with the XBOX and PS5 being played at the same time.  The router is located downstairs and the extender is up, where the gaming systems are. My office is also upstairs where I work from home.  Can I add on an additional satellite (NETGEAR Nighthawk Dual-Band Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 Add-on Satellite (MS70) ) for better coverage? One of each bedroom if applicable?   My house is 1900 sq. ft. and am unsure of why the lagging continues to happen.  

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi 6 Router (XR1000)

What is the distance between the XR router and EAX80? 30 feet or more is recommended. 

For that size of home, the XR wifi should be enough. 

Having too much wifi can cause problems: https://youtu.be/UR0viMLISz4]

No. You could try disabling the XR routers wifi radios and setup the MK MESH system in AP Mode: 

https://kb.netgear.com/20927/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-to-AP-mode

Message 2 of 5
joellabelle
Aspirant

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response! More than 30 feet for sure.  The Extender is in the common area so the signal should be equally dispersed.  If we connect the XBOX via a cable to the extender, that would reduce the burden on the Wi-Fi accordingly? I also feel the equipment we have is more than adequate for our home.  Could it be the speed of the internet we have?  Two gaming systems, multiple TVs, work computers, and Alexa, at any given time there may be 20 items on the Wi-Fi.  I'll have to see what we currently have but any suggestions on what we should be at? 

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How have you setup QoS and the Geo-Filter exactly?
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the XR router and EAX80?

Can ethernet connect the game console to the EAX. Thought would not be preferred for gameing. Ethernet connections are preferred directly to the back of the XR router. 

Have you tried with the EAX turned OFF? 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7