× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk

JeffHart24
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk

Hello, 

My XR500 is dropping the internet signal at least 4-5 times a day. I am hard wired, not on wifi.

Literally I will be surfing the net, and the signal drops and the router sits for at least 60 seconds or so and then reboots. 

I see this is a common problem and I have already reset the router and I have Firmware  V2.3.2.56

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Netgear Nighthawk

I would recommend you reinstall the firmware using TFTP so it installs bypassing the boot process and any issues there and then do a factory reset so you have the freshest install possible. https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Message 2 of 4
JeffHart24
Aspirant

I followed those steps and I keep getting an error when I am in step 4 at the cd desktop prompt. 

It says "the system cannot find the path specified"

And, would it not just be easier to install a much older version of the firmware as my router did not do this for at least a year until your recent updates?

Quite frustrating because I see this has been happening to others as well.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Type DIR and press enter, that will tell you where you are at the moment, then type cd followed by a directory name and do that until you get to the desktop.

Yes you could use an old version if you wish to.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7