× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear XR700 wifi router separate SSID's issue

Vger2
Aspirant

Netgear XR700 wifi router separate SSID's issue

Having an issue with my Nighthawk XR700 router. Has been working OK until yesterday. On the most current firmware. I've configured the router with Smart Connect disabled and using two separate SSID's with same password and security. Yesterday, the wifi stopped working completely. No 2g or 5g. In addition, the ethernet et ports on back of router were not working either. No internet. I factory reset the router and uploaded my saved configure. Same, no internet on wifi or thru ethernet ports. Finally figured out that if I reset the router and leave Smart Connect on, everything works. I'd like to configure my router as before with Smart Connect disabled and two separate SSID's. Any ideas on how I can fix this. Thank you
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Netgear XR700 wifi router separate SSID's issue

It may be a coincidence that Smart Connect being re-enabled caused you to get internet again as it would restart that connection cycle. What is the model of the modem/router that the XR is connected to?
Message 2 of 6
Vger2
Aspirant

Yes, currently using a Motorola - MB8600 32x8
DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem 1 GB Ethernet.
Strange that everything was working before and it just suddenly stopped working with the separate SSID's configuration and Smart Connect disabled.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Did you try setting it up NOT using the backup configuration? it wouldn't be the first time something was corrupt in a backup

Message 4 of 6
Vger2
Aspirant

Yes was thinking the same so I set up as default then went to configure wifi as two separate SSID's. That's where I'm having the issue. As soon as I try to disable Smart Connect and set up separate SSID's, the router stops working. No wifi, no Ethernet port access to internet. I have the same firmware version 1.0.1.50. Was working before. Now noticing a lag in wifi speed. Could router be on its last leg? I do have a warranty plan on it now.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The SSIDs you're making and the passwords you're using when splitting them are you using symbols at all?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7