× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear XR700 with DumaOS Lifecycle Policy

-Donovan-
Luminary

Netgear XR700 with DumaOS Lifecycle Policy

Hello Netgear,

The Netgear XR700 was announced in the end of august 2018 and I'm trying to find informations regarding the Netgear XR700 with DumaOS Lifecycle Policy. I would like to know how many years or when the "Support End Date" until they stop releasing a firmware update on a Netgear XR700 with DumaOS.

Thank you,

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Netgear XR700 with DumaOS Lifecycle Policy

I responded to this post on the Netduma forums but maybe somebody from NETGEAR has some more detailed information.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28922-netgear-xr700-with-dumaos-lifecycle-policy/

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If it's anything like NGs R7000 series, that router model is going on 6 years old. NG is still pushing FW updates for it. However anything is possible when it comes to EOL and NG. Again, router Mfrs don't tent to mention when they will be making EOL for there products. It just happens.  

Message 3 of 8
-Donovan-
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

If it's anything like NGs R7000 series, that router model is going on 6 years old. NG is still pushing FW updates for it. However anything is possible when it comes to EOL and NG. Again, router Mfrs don't tent to mention when they will be making EOL for there products. It just happens.  

Yeah I know but I was hoping to see a "End of Life" for the hardware and a "Support End Date" for the Operating System. At least when you purchase a PC or a mobile device with a specific OS, you always know there's an expiration dates for each of their supports.

For a user, I think it's important to know when the support will end for the DumaOS like most of Operating System (Windows, MacOS, iOS, or Android) have a Support End Date for each version of their OS.

Message 4 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think you'd be very lucky for any manufacturer to give you an end of life date, it's just not really done. In our eyes it's still very new so we're excited to see the software to progress on the router!
Message 5 of 8
-Donovan-
Luminary

We already got 2 answers from Netduma Tech Support & Customer Support but we still don't have any reply from Netgear for this topic.

Maybe Patrick C.S. Lo (Netgear CEO) or someone from the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming department could answer to my question:

I would like to know how many years/ when the "Support End Date"/ version x.x.x.x until they stop releasing a Firmware DumaOS update on a Netgear XR700?

Thank you,

Message 6 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This is a community forum and as such you are unlikely to receive an official response for this query. I have never heard of a company providing these details to consumers and I doubt that will change.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Neither have I. 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7