× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Gaming Routers are Abandonware

MrMitsubishi
Tutor

Nighthawk Gaming Routers are Abandonware

So i recently purchased my XR500 back in WA 2 years ago then upgraded to the XR1000 when it was released. After two years i have regretted purchasing these routers due to the lack of updates from the team who designed the software. We haven't had any updates for almost 6 months while other company's push monthly updates. As a Veteran XR500 user this has been a issue before covid was even a thing. UPnP is still broken till this day and Geo-Filter only works when it wants too. Sometimes logging into the router interface i can get a error on the UI and the page has to refresh.

This entire gaming series has been a disappointment and i wish i could return both modems and get my $700 back sense they were $350 brand new and the development has been the most slowest i have ever seen. Im looking for a change so if anyone has a better Gaming Router. Shoot me the recommendation because im tired of waiting for something to happen. We all waited too long.

Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk Gaming Routers are Abandonware

I can understand your frustration, all I can say is that firmware is coming and the DumaOS versions on each will more closely align. Development is going well, it's in testing currently and fingers crossed no issues are found and we can release it soon
Message 2 of 4
MrMitsubishi
Tutor

Everyone has been saying filmware is coming sense last year. All you see in the tread nowadays is everyone having issues. The team needs to push monthly updates and i dont know who runs Duma OS and can make decisions like that but, these 3-6 month updates cannot go on for long and has to change. I'm sure the team can handle pushing monthly updates. Every other company does that and if you can do me a favor. 

I need some XR1000 Antanna's. Would you be willing to ship me a brand new set. So my wireless fully has coverage. So im not running off two antanna's anymore. Unless you can recomend me better ones that have better coverage and stronger wavelength's then the OEM XR1000 ones. 

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It is a support forum so you will only see people having issues, it gives the sense that everyone is having problems which isn't the case but I do get your point. We (Netduma) just create the DumaOS part of the software so you would have to contact Netgear about antennae as its hardware.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7