× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RMX570 - Wifi is working but dashboard says it is disabled

nuubje006
Star

Nighthawk RMX570 - Wifi is working but dashboard says it is disabled

Hello,

The sahboard says my wifi 2.4 and 5 GHz are disabled. Even though I do get wifi.

The wifi connection is also pretty  bad. Not sure what is causing this as it seems to be perfect start of the week. (Right after the first installation)

The firmware is up-to-date.

Here are some pics of what I see in the dash:

Dash1 

Dash2 

I appriciate any help 🙂

Kind regards.

Model: XRM570|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router and Mesh WiFi System
Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

What I'd try to do first? Check to make sure the wifi radio button wasn't pushed. its happened many times where someone (usually a kid) sees a light and presses it or it gets hit during setup.  On the front of the router (XR500) it should be the wifi on/off button on the right side of the router by the wps button. Push and hold it for 2 seconds. If the led is  lit, the wifi radios should be on. If its off, then the radios should be off. You might be picking up the wifi from the range extender and not the router. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx

Message 2 of 12
nuubje006
Star

The leds were off. Did not know how this happened. And for some reason I was unable to turn them back on. So I started from scratch and got it to work again. Thanks for the help!
Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you connect a wired PC to the XR router and factory reset the XR router and walk thru the setu wizard with the PC and a web browser. Try Opera. 

What FW version is loaded on the XR router and EX extenders? 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between XR and EXs to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@nuubje006 wrote:

Hello,

The sahboard says my wifi 2.4 and 5 GHz are disabled. Even though I do get wifi.

The wifi connection is also pretty  bad. Not sure what is causing this as it seems to be perfect start of the week. (Right after the first installation)

The firmware is up-to-date.

Here are some pics of what I see in the dash:

Dash1 

Dash2 

I appriciate any help 🙂

Kind regards.

Message 4 of 12
nuubje006
Star

Thank hou for the reply. For now I Got it to work by redoing the complete installation. The firmware was the latest i could download last week. Not at home so I can't check. But I looked at the version so I'm pretty sure.

Next time I run into those problems I will try it this way. The problem is that I also have another modem provided by my Internet provider.
I have 3 stories in my home modem is at the lowest, my netgear is at the top and my extender in the middle. I have 300Mbps dl and 20Mbps up.

It all works fine now. My modem connects to my netgear to my pc. My printer is on the wireless (all have the same name and pw)

Now for some reason my pc does not see the printer on the network.. Networking is confusing and hard xD if I look at the dashboard I can see all devices connecting just fine..

Weird stuff 😛
Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the XR router is connected too.

Probably need to reconfigure the printer and your PCs printer drivers for the new IP address the printer gets from the XR router. Refer the printers user guide to set this up again. Be sure you use updated printer drivers. 

IF the system is up and running, be sure to do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. If you have to do a factory reset, then you can just load the backup from file and be up and running fairly quickly. 

Message 6 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The extender, is it actually an extender in that you can see ALL the devices connected to it on the Device Manager? Does the printer have a screen or anything where you can see its IP and then find that on the Device Manager? It may be named differently to what you are expecting.
Message 7 of 12
nuubje006
Star

Thanks for the tips, I will test this out 🙂

Message 8 of 12
nuubje006
Star

Will I only have 1 thing from HP so I think it is the printer. But it seems to keep going to offline, I'm going to restart and try it again. I can't see the IP of the printer as it doesn't have a screen. But I was able to find an IP of the HP item in my router and I could ping it. But still it stays offline. Dunno 😜 The one thing in IT that is rocket sience for me is networking. 

Guess I need to start over and disable all devices to start with and add them one by one.

a80fe1b38888ce1b2f795ff970442dfe

Message 9 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It may be going offline as I assume it goes into standby until you start a print job. Is there anyway you can turn it off standby or see if when you turn it off and on again if it comes online properly. Then check if you can wirelessly print, if so then may be something to do with standby.
Message 10 of 12
nuubje006
Star

It used to work wireless, but even that is not working. Never tried it before I had the nighthawk with my pc. But I will try connecting it with an ethernet cable and see if I can somehow get it to work wireless later if I start over again.

Thanks for the help!

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the model of the printer? 

@nuubje006 wrote:

Will I only have 1 thing from HP so I think it is the printer. But it seems to keep going to offline, I'm going to restart and try it again. I can't see the IP of the printer as it doesn't have a screen. But I was able to find an IP of the HP item in my router and I could ping it. But still it stays offline. Dunno 😜 The one thing in IT that is rocket sience for me is networking. 

Guess I need to start over and disable all devices to start with and add them one by one.

a80fe1b38888ce1b2f795ff970442dfe

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7