× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Game Chat Xbox One

JSloan1995
Star

No Game Chat Xbox One

Finally got my xr500 connected to my xbox one. NAT type is now open. However I still cannot hear friends and other players in game chat lobbies. Any help as to why

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I would imagine that the problem is that instead of connecting peer to peer, it's trying to route your friends through microsoft servers which might be in France or something.

Try connecting to a party in spectating mode and manually allowing any servers that appear outside of the UK, labeling them as Xbox Chat Services or something.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are you using Geo-Filter?

Message 2 of 8
JSloan1995
Star

Yes. I have my home set at UK but even my friends that are from the UK i cannot hear in game chat.

Message 3 of 8
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I would imagine that the problem is that instead of connecting peer to peer, it's trying to route your friends through microsoft servers which might be in France or something.

Try connecting to a party in spectating mode and manually allowing any servers that appear outside of the UK, labeling them as Xbox Chat Services or something.

Message 4 of 8
JSloan1995
Star

Okay again I will try that when i'm home and let you know. Thanks for the advice

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Any update on the issue JS?
Message 6 of 8
JSloan1995
Star

Yes sorry the last advice seems to have work okay thankyou. Really appreciate the help guys
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, thanks for the update!
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7