× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speeds

cooldean1088
Follower

Speeds

I Got this router and set everything up right. I connected the router to my xfinity Xfi modem and the speeds are not what they advertise. I am running around 200 down 25 up. I’ve tried looking up videos about settings in Duma and nothing changed it. Can anyone plz help me figure out how to get good speeds I’ll do whatever or buy whatever
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Speeds

Double check that you have everything set as shown here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-m...

What you may need to do is change the MAC address of the XR500 to the MAC address of your previous router - sometimes getting a new router it can take a little while to sync with the ISP which causes slower than expected speeds, this circumvents that.
Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Speeds

What xfinity modem are you using? 

some have their own integrated router and qos/bandwidth limiting software on them. If its not running in modem only/passthrough mode, the xfinity device could be limiting it as well. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7