× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Edit/Delete Traffic Controller rules

DylanK
Tutor

Unable to Edit/Delete Traffic Controller rules

Is this fixed yet?

Message 1 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Unable to Edit/Delete Traffic Controller rules

I don't think anyone has brought up this issue before, what happens exactly when you try to delete a rule?
Message 2 of 17
DylanK
Tutor

After doing the factory reset from GUI (not using pushing the pin from physical router), the rules dont show up. 

DylanK_0-1660229704217.png

As you can see here, I can see that the rules are there from traffic analytics but under the rules nothing show up.

Log shows:

[DumaOS] RPC call 'get_device' exception 'ERROR: Nonexistent device stack traceback: ^I?: in function '__new__' ^I?: in functio,
[DumaOS] RPC call 'get_device' exception 'ERROR: Nonexistent device stack traceback: ^I?: in function '__new__' ^I?: in functio,

Message 3 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When you do a factory reset it wipes settings as though you were setting it up from scratch so that is normal. The log entries don't necessarily refer to Traffic Controller specifically.
Message 4 of 17
DylanK
Tutor

It is not normal. Even if I create a new rule, it doesn't show up. Nothing shows up under rules.

Message 5 of 17
DylanK
Tutor

Will this go away if I use the reset button to factory reset instead of doing it from GUI?

Message 6 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If it's not resetting correctly via the interface then a reset through the hardware should complete successfully, let us know
Message 7 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is currently loaded? 

What browser are you using? Happens in different browsers? 

Message 8 of 17
DylanK
Tutor

The browser I used are chrome and firefox and both shows same problem.

Message 9 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did the physical factory reset wipe it properly this time?
Message 10 of 17
DylanK
Tutor

Not yet. I will try that in a few hours as I need wifi now.

Message 11 of 17
DylanK
Tutor

Nope. Still doesnt work after hard reset.

Message 12 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When did this issue start exactly? What options did you pick for the rules? Are there any rules you did with different options that have been wiped after resets?
Message 13 of 17
DylanK
Tutor

I am not sure why you are asking this. I already mentioned this happened after the factory reset. 

After doing the factory reset from GUI (not using pushing the pin from physical router), the rules dont show up. 

DylanK_0-1660582693870.png

As you can see here, I can see that the rules are there from traffic analytics but under the rules nothing show up.

Log shows:

Message 14 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Has this problem been present since you had the router? Or has this feature ever worked and if so, do you remember when it stopped working? 

Message 15 of 17
DylanK
Tutor

Traffic controller worked fine till the factory reset. I expected the factory reset would wipe out the rules as well but it didn't. The rules are kept somewhere in memory or something. None of the rules show up even if I create a new one but they are all there since it shows under traffic analysis section.

Message 16 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As in, is this the only time you've done a factory reset since making the rules and the issue happened immediately or you've done resets in the past and worked fine but this one didn't work properly? I'm trying to ascertain what you may have done differently because it is highly unusual to have a feature be persistently bugged through a reset. So I'm wondering if there are some rules in Analytics not shown that were previously added and if so what options you may have picked. It could be that you deleted a device from the Device Manager when there were still rules active, have you deleted devices?
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7