× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why do i Lose Internet on my Nighthawk 500 Pro, While i still have 3 stripes on my Phone?

ipponz
Aspirant

Why do i Lose Internet on my Nighthawk 500 Pro, While i still have 3 stripes on my Phone?

When i'm 6-8 meters away from the router, no internet. This while my phone says that i have wireless connection and it shows good reception (3 stripes). Not only my phone does this, but all of my family's phones. I don't have this problem with the standard Provider's modem/ router. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Why do i Lose Internet on my Nighthawk 500 Pro, While i still have 3 stripes on my Phone?

Are there any devices that are wireless e.g. wireless headphones etc that distance from the router? It sounds like something at that distance is interfering with the connection. Even a microwave can do that - if applicable. I'd suggest moving any such devices away if possible and if it is still an issue then use a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channel and change to that on the router.
Message 2 of 4
ipponz
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I've reseted the router and the problem dissapeared. Now i've turned QOS on and it does it again. This while all of my devices have 7 mbps download and upload. Weird. P.S. I do have an old microwave inside that route, where i don't get any internet. But in my opinion the microwave shouldn't cause this problem. Specially because i've never experienced this problem, before. And i've had a few different routers in the past 20 years.
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If the microwave isn't being used then it won't affect it but if it is then it will. If you're using Smart Connect disable this and connect manually to either 2.4 or 5GHz and see if you notice a difference.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7