× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X10 vs XR500

Whatisjose
Aspirant

I actually have an x6 R8000 but I was thinking of trying xr500 so I found this community
Message 26 of 32
NandoFL
Star

That is the one I am using as main router for gaming. Ethernet connections only on this one. When it comes to handling opening ports is very good. We have four game consoles and a few times all then are in use at the same time and never ( so far) have a problem with it. Maybe someone here can tell you about the wireless performance on this one. Like a mentioned, my wireless bands are off.

If you buy it try to get it from a reputable place with no hard time return issues. In case the router does not me your satisfaction. Just an suggestion.

Have a nice weekend.

Message 27 of 32
Whatisjose
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice
Message 28 of 32
BUFFBOY
Aspirant

Hi all,

So the R9000 still top of the range and most reliable router ?

I should get .... >>?

Message 29 of 32
NandoFL
Star

Both routers have an specific target audience. If you are an avid gamer you may like the gaming router better. My son is the one who purchased the gaming router. If it was me, I would not buy it because the R9000 was and still working good. In my case, great coverage.

The gaming router really did nothing compared to the R9000. But other folks will not agree with me. Again, is a matter of personal preference. The R9000 have the AC band and that never was useful.

The R9000 is like $100 more expensive, give or take. Both are expensive routers and both do work fine. In my case, only my personal opinion, the R9000 is better for my needs. Amazon have close to 4K ratings and comments. You may take a look if you want if you want to hear opinions about the router.

Take into account that the R9000 is already two years old, maybe a little more. There maybe be better ones coming soon.
Message 30 of 32
BUFFBOY
Aspirant

Thanks. Is there any hardware issues with the r9000 ? Wifi is strong and all?
Message 31 of 32
BUFFBOY
Aspirant

What issues and where's the link? No I don't know. Thats I'm asking.
Message 32 of 32
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7