× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000 + CM1000 Increased Ping in COD

Proxxee
Guide

1. No ping showing at all on the geofilter page.
  2. No VPN.
  3. DHCP set to .100-.200.
  4. Adblocker disabled
  5. Solo search
Message 26 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems event log page.

Message 27 of 39
Proxxee
Guide

Message 28 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Power levels are good. Seeing some Correctables, though small, should be mostly zeros.

Any Criticals, Errors or Warnings seen in the event logs needs to be reviewed and resolved by the ISP. Indicates a signal issue on the ISP line up to the modem.

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html
https://highspeed.tips/docsis-events/

Message 29 of 39
Proxxee
Guide

I had them do a remote test early this morning. They said things looked fine on their end. Do I need to have a tech come to my house before I proceed? 

EDIT: A tech was here a few months ago setting up a phone line with a separate, ISP-issued, modem. We no longer use that modem but havent started the return process yet. Could that have something to do with it?

Message 30 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes and reference the info I posted about the logs.

Message 31 of 39
Proxxee
Guide

Will do. I'll get that scheduled now. Thanks.

Message 32 of 39
Proxxee
Guide

Message 33 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Get on site tech. Logs show otherwise.

Message 34 of 39
Proxxee
Guide

Friday at 9am

Message 35 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 36 of 39
Proxxee
Guide

I'll report back with the results on Friday afternoon or evening once I've reset my network. Thanks for your help thus far.

Message 37 of 39
Proxxee
Guide

Had an experienced and pretty knowledgeable tech for a change. He said that the physical lines were in great shape w/ no splitters. There were some correctables that he managed to clean up but he said that the criticals came from a node issue that didn’t immediately trigger their warning signal to auto-dispatch a tech on their end. He says the issue has now been identified and turnaround is typically a few days but may require a few weeks depending on scheduling. Thanks! I was ready to send this thing back because the XR450 was working completely fine. I only upgraded because I wanted to increase my speeds and needed a router that could handle it. The logical move was the XR1000. It gave me issues straight out of the box, mostly with the geofilter that’s still not working, but my actual in-game latency hasn’t been high in MW3 so we seem to be on an upward trajectory.
Message 38 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like a better direction on the ISP side.

What speeds do you pay for UP and down? 

My XR450 and XR1000 both handle my 1G/50Mbps just fine here. 

Message 39 of 39
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series