× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000+CM2000 Latency issues/Rubberbanding several times a day. Everyday.

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's probably a connection you're making/is being made to you and they use Vodafone as their ISP. If the issue is something to do with the modem/line hopefully they can resolve it, if it's all fine we'll have to rethink what it could be on the XR. Perhaps they can put a block on that IP for you.
Message 26 of 35
Akiirahh
Guide

Well, I've been troubleshooting this for so long that I truly get the feeling that its my lines and/or signal from ISP.
That said, tomorrow when I get the tech to actually assist me I will inform you guys of the progress.

I cant thank you enough for all your assistance, it's been more worth than the past whole few months of troubleshooting
Message 27 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the tech be sure to check everything I posted about in regards to the CM2000 modem first. 

Message 28 of 35
Akiirahh
Guide

Will do.
Message 29 of 35
Akiirahh
Guide

@FURRYe38, @Netduma-Fraser , @Netduma-Liam 

The tech came by, and did a quick check, noticed a bunch of corroded cables outside. I told him about the things we talked about and he said he also noticed our signal was insanely low and it was a miracle that the modems of our whole condo complex were even connected.

The cable box for our system was all messed up. [Which means I'm only one of the 9-12 families you guys have helped] He has scheduled an actual team to service our system all around the complex, changed our cables to new ones [in/out the walls] and hopefully by Wednesday we'll have stable service. Apparently having choppy connections due to high bandwidth usage around the houses is an old myth from 20 years ago that I still believed to be true, so I guess I should've reported this a long time ago.

Thank you. We've been having choppy service for 2+ years. We've had 4 techs in that time. This is the first time we get a chief tech to come over so maybe that's why he actually found out all the issues, which of course I wouldn't have known without yall's help.

Now if only I could find out what that Vodaphone connection is...

Message 30 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Might change the SSID name or the SSID password to something else on the router temporarily and see if that one device is still seen. Don't tell anyone of the change. Disconnect all wired devices as well accept for the one wired PC connected that your using to make changes. 

Should see this device disappear. 

Message 31 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's brilliant to hear, sounds most likely to be the problem! The Vodafone is probably just a connection you're making to someone in the UK when gaming and likely not a concern.
Message 32 of 35
Akiirahh
Guide

@FURRYe38 @Netduma-Fraser @Netduma-Liam 

Yesterday night was the due date for the service, and impressively that same morning a team of like 12 CoxCable vans showed up to the area, and fixed it up to perfection. I haven't had a single disconnect ever since. Tech sent me a message saying they fixed the feeder cable for the whole condominium and replaced a lot of the hardware for the area.

I have changed the SSID name and Password but the device doesn't disappear, but that's for another post, so I think that's it!

Thank you all for your help!

Edit for info:

I did check the cable connection and logs in the CM2000, the critical errors are gone, but the correctables and un_correctables remain. That said, my connection is running smoothly at the moment.

The connection benchmarks show no packet loss anymore, and a pathping to servers showed me a difference in packet loss from 25% to 2%. So I think we're doing MUCH better.

Message 33 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That is absolutely brilliant to hear, I bet you're very happy with that, as will your neighbors! Thanks for providing an update!
Message 34 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working better. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7