× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR4500 Slow down at router

Greenhorn64
Aspirant

XR4500 Slow down at router

Hello. I'm having a issue with my internet speeds. I have had this set up for over 1 year things have been great. All the sudden my speeds dropped from 300Mbps down to 158Mbps with upload speeds of 13Mbps now at 4Mbps. While playing games things have become super laggy and unplayable. Speed test on show 10 ping but when in game it's showing around the 40-60 mark. Everything is hardwired in. When I switch the connection from the XR450 straight to the CM1000 the issue resolved its self. I reset all the settings in the XR450 back to factory and redid the setup wizard. Router is up todate on software updates. What am I missing here? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.
Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router, CM1000-1AZNAS|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: XR4500 Slow down at router

what firmware version is the XR450?

Message 2 of 8
Greenhorn64
Aspirant

Firmware is v2.3.2.1.30
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 8
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The firmware you're on is up-to-date, it was released a few days ago.

Were are you measuring these speeds, through Connection Benchmark or through a third-party speedtest? Could you run both and compare their results?

Message 5 of 8
Greenhorn64
Aspirant

I have ran both 3rd party from speedtest.net and the bench the mark test in Dumaos. They both are really close to one another. Last night I played around with Qos and Geo Filter and was able to clean up some gaming lag but its still noticeable.
Message 6 of 8
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thanks for confirming that.

After playing with QoS, are you speeds still as low as before? If you completely disable QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control, do you speeds return back to full?

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Where what I got with my XR450:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR450-XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2...

Both QoS enabled and disabled. 

When QoS is enabled, I have the sliders set for 99% on both. Since i'm the only one gaming online now days and mostly at night while others are sleeping, no need for lots of bandwidth management here. 

@Greenhorn64 wrote:
I have ran both 3rd party from speedtest.net and the bench the mark test in Dumaos. They both are really close to one another. Last night I played around with Qos and Geo Filter and was able to clean up some gaming lag but its still noticeable.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7