× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 GEOFILTER and VPN not working for XBOX

ROBCHIL
Aspirant

XR700 GEOFILTER and VPN not working for XBOX

I have the XR700 but am unable to get my XBOX to work with the GEOFILTER or the VPN.  It works fine on my PC but for whatever reason I am unable to get either of the services able to work properly on my xbox one x.  I have attempted to connect it both wired and wirelessly with no success in having the the geo-filter or the vpn to operate correctly. Can someone please help me get this corrected?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
ROBCHIL
Aspirant

adding screenshots

Message 2 of 10
ROBCHIL
Aspirant

Last screenshot if you need something else please let me know.

Message 3 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What actually occurs when it doesn't work on the Geo-Filter? Do you see any symbols on the map? Your settings are very restrictive so would recommend making the radius larger. Can you use the Geo-Filter without the VPN because I don't think the two will work together.
Message 4 of 10
ROBCHIL
Aspirant

including model version, firmware

XR700 V1.0.1.20

Message 5 of 10
ROBCHIL
Aspirant

I use MS edge on Xbox to look up my IP address.  The result is my actual IP address and not the one from the VPN.  I see the other people I'm trying connecting with in game they just aren't being filtered by the geo-filter.  Doesn't matter with VPN on or not for the Xbox. Everthing works like a champ on the PC so I know it works and it's possible.  This only seems to be an issue with my Xbox. My laptop works fine on the VPN, My gaming PC works fine with both VPN and geo-filter.

Message 6 of 10
ROBCHIL
Aspirant

I just moved my location back to my area. expanded my geo-filter range to 600 miles and I'm not even getting the icons to pop up.

Message 7 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Change DNS on the router to the VPN IP and that should help. So the Geo-Filter definitely works with the VPN when used on the PC? Zoom out of the map, do you see anything being blocked?
Message 8 of 10
ROBCHIL
Aspirant

Yes everything works perfectly with pc. VPN active, geo filter on, When using pc I see all people in my zone I’m connecting with and the ones outside my zones that were blocked. With the Xbox I get nothing just a blank screen.
Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think it will work properly with the console, that's why you can't specify services on the Xbox for VPN as it's not possible to distinguish.
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7