× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 Geo Schedule?

tClancey
Tutor

XR700 Geo Schedule?

The XR700 isn't listed in the device list??

While this Duma system is under development could I please suggest a schedule for the Geo Filter?

I'm no Pro Gamer, but when I do play I far prefer a decent experience, but in my area this can ben extremely different depending on the time of day.  During school time I have to open the filter to around 700km to get into any game lobbies.  Out of school time I get into lobbies easily at 111km, I could probably even take that down to 30km.

So, could we please have a schedule.  It would probably only need 2 or three different entries.

This does raise a question of how the Geo Filter actually works, how is it working out the distance to other ip addresses?  As far as I know there is no table anywhere cross referencing every IP/Mac address with a logditude and lattitude, so what address is being verified?

Thanks.

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 Geo Schedule?

It's a good suggestion but a lot of work for something that would take you 2 seconds to change, it could be something we implement but would be very far in future. We have a cloud database with the locations of the IP addresses to place them on the map.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7