× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 - Plex Server firmware update.

Daroose
Follower

XR700 - Plex Server firmware update.

Hey guys, 

Just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience/know how to update the Plex media server's firmware on a Netgear XR700 router? I've noticed that on the routers GUI, the current Plex server version that I am running is from April 19, 2021, and upon checking the Plex website there has been an update that has dropped 2 days ago on June 22, 2022. 

Firstly, is this a simple operation - I have been searching the forums and guides online and can't seem to find definitive intructions on how to get this done. 

The files from the netgear site download as a plexmediaserver_1.27.1.5916-6b0e31a64_armel.deb file.

Secondly, in the third pic attached - which of these options would I be using for the XR700?

Would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance.

Netgear UI.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 4.49.26 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 4.59.59 pm.png

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: XR700 - Plex Server firmware update.

My understanding is that its actually built into the firmware and not a separate package. Its why it isn't as up to date. 

The versions you're looking at is for NAS devices, not the router. 

Maybe @DarrenM Or @olympos1625 knows if the r9000 is still getting firmware updates to update plex. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7