× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 Router stopped broadcasting SSID

Leo1garcia1
Follower

XR700 Router stopped broadcasting SSID

Anybody got a fix for 2.4 band not working but 5 band is working perfectly.

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Press the reset button for 10 seconds in back then release. A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. https://kb.netgear.com/22697/How-do-I-install-my-NETGEAR-router-using-the-router-web-interface
Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...
https://kb.netgear.com/25722/How-do-I-reserve-an-IP-address-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Message 2 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using Smart Connect and do you notice whether it works with it enabled/disabled?
Message 3 of 9
iamsotorious
Aspirant

Hello. I am having this exact same issue. I went to login to check something in my settings. As it was trying to login it kicked me off the internet. Once I got reconnected again. It did the same.

I just spent the entire night trying to figure it out

I get the message of dumasos can’t load. I also don’t have the lights emitting on my router for WiFi on 2.4 and 5ghz. I also can not connect to WiFi

I have tried everything suggested. Even went back to an older version which almost bricked my router. Back on current to atleast get Ethernet. I couldn’t with an older

Please people who follow these threads. It’s something deeper than the basics I went back to many year old threads and most of them left unresolved. I’ve had many issues with this XR700 and it might be time for it to get replaced.
Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think it is a hardware issue, apparently the normal Nighthawk equivalent suffers the same issue
Message 5 of 9
iamsotorious
Aspirant

You think it got fried when I logged into dumas? It was so weird the second I logged internet bricked.
Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think it would have specifically been that, the WiFi drivers probably failed. I've not seen anyone able to recover it unfortunately.
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 9
iamsotorious
Aspirant

i got rid of the router, to unpredictable for me. thanks though hopefully this helps someone in the future. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7