× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 VPN not working

dahliamo
Aspirant

XR700 VPN not working

I have The XR700, when i run My Ethernet cable “ hard wired “ from my XR700 to my Xbox one x it does NOT mask my IP address. VPN works Wirelessly but not hardwired. I’ve tried everything and nothing works. Level 1, 2 & 3 engineers can’t figure this out as to why this is happening. I swapped out to my old Linskys WRT- 3200 VPN router and it works “ hard wired and wirelessly “ I really don’t want to return this XR700 as it puts up better speeds than my linskys . Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 VPN not working

Check the Device Manager as it may be that your wired PS4 is appearing as a separate device to the wireless PS4 and so you'll need to add that instead of the wireless version.
Message 2 of 6
dahliamo
Aspirant

I did That awhile back and it gave me double NAT. So that doesn’t work.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not sure I follow with that, are you saying doing that you did actually get a connection through the VPN but you had a double NAT?
Message 4 of 6
dahliamo
Aspirant

Yes double NAT when i did It. But i can’t use my Xbox when on double NAT because my ping is over 200 and my speeds are below 3. I shouldn't Have double NAT and i do Not want a wireless connection because my ping is ridiculously high and speeds are low
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Interesting, for the wired/wireless version of the console give them a reserved IP in LAN Settings. In WAN Settings switch NAT to open, does that resolve it? Do you get an open NAT when using VPN through WiFi?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7