× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 priorità

Manuellll
Apprentice

Re: Xr500 priorità

I was thinking of connecting a LAN cat6a cable between the router and the modem. Can you help me get a better connection? ( now I'm connected with a cat5e)

Message 151 of 172
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It probably won't make too much noticeable difference. What are the issues you're still facing?
Message 152 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

so every time i have to restart the modem first then the router? the line is not consistent ping is unstable quite sure that I don't have to restart the router first and after the modem?

Message 153 of 172
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

The router relies on the modem for a good connection, so it's always better to reset the modem first (so it refreshes your Internet connection). But it's not essential.

Message 154 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

I connected to the xr500 a fritz box 7590 that doesn't have the possibility to put the dmz on the ip wan of the router you advise me to put the nat type open on the xr500 or I leave protected or you advise me to do other to optimize the connection for to play and set the two devices correctly?

Message 155 of 172
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Does the Frtizbox have a modem mode or bridge mode you can configure it to?

Are you getting closed NAT? If it's open, there's no real need to change anything.

Message 156 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

but is there the possibility of inserting the xr500 as an exposed host I insert it in this mode? or is not the same as the DMZ

Message 157 of 172
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You mean your base line ping is not consistent? Have you tested direct to the fritzbox with nothing else connected?

I would just use the DMZ if possible otherwise that should be fine.
Message 158 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

eThere is no DMZ on the fritz box only the exposed host another thing would you advise me to put the ip of the xr500 static or leave it automatic?

Message 159 of 172
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Use the exposed host then, yes you can put it as static
Message 160 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

perfect, the static ip I leave it only on the modem or I put it static also on the router?

Message 161 of 172
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Put it on the modem if you're able to and you can leave automatic on router. May have to reboot router after doing so.
Message 162 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

I put the xr500 router ip wan in the real-time priorities of the fritz box modem. Did I do well or could it cause problems?

Message 163 of 172
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is real time priorities a type of QoS feature? I wouldn't do that, all devices should be connected to the router anyway and traffic should all be going to the router with the exposed host.
Message 164 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

I believe it is a type of QoS if in real time I put the xr500 it should not prioritize the traffic directed to the router and therefore it should not be better? I do not  know

Message 165 of 172
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Everything should be connected to the router anyway so all traffic will be directed to the router, therefore enabling that option is unnecessary as traffic for the router will not be competing against any other traffic.
Message 166 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

so is it enough for me to activate the exposed host to make the router use only its data traffic?

Message 167 of 172
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that should be fine, turn off fritz wifi if it has it, make sure all devices are connected to XR500.
Message 168 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

sure that you need the static ip address from the modem to the router? the exposed host does not work via mac address? one last thing then everything is there is an option (in the fritz box) that says "Allow automatic door enabling for this device" I select it or not?

Message 169 of 172
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's dependent on the box individual settings. Static IP won't hurt. Ive not heard of that setting. Generally unless you know what a setting does then leave it alone otherwise you'll cause issues.
Message 170 of 172
Manuellll
Apprentice

in theory it should allow the xr500 to open its doors autonomously from what it says but the exposed host shouldn't do it already?

Message 171 of 172
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes exposed host should do so already, no need to change anything else.
Message 172 of 172
Discussion stats
  • 171 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7