× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: not work geofilter XR300

yurarnd
Tutor

not work geofilter XR300

Hi, I bought XR300 and I have doesn't work correctly geofilter in any game , it is looking for servers and hosts outside the circle of the geofilter, the router is updated to the new firmware, the geofilter  only work correctly works  on the very first firmware XR300-V1.0.1.4_10.1.4 at the time of sale, what do you advise ? I had an xr500 and it worked correctly. Are the developers aware of this problem ? the screenshot I attach . p.s.i play on PS4 Pro

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What game are you playing? Depending on the game there may not actually be a server within your radius.
Message 2 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

so he would not have looked for me other hosts in the game if they were not in the zone, and he immediately throws me to the server or hosts outside the circle, this is only on the newest firmware, put the stock firmwareXR300-V1.0.1.4_10.1.4  everything works correctly if the circle is too small then he does not throw me outside the circle, just does not look for a host, the cloud is updated, ping assist is disabled, I play Call of Duty BO4 MW 2019 BF 5

Message 3 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

in the screenshot you can see that he joined me to fight outside the circle of geofilter, this is the match the game began , and he did not have to connect to a host outside of the circle of geofiltration, ping assist is disabled, all configured as it should, the cloud is updated, the servers and hosts on the wish list no, again I tell you that on stock firmware everything is working correctly and if the range area is small and there is no host, he just no finds me a game, and the last firmware spits on geofilter and connects to the game over the filter area 😞

Message 4 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What game was this screenshot taken for? That server was blocked that you showed so it wouldn't be the host, zoom out of the map in case anything else is appearing. There would be no difference between the firmware in this case, do keep in mind that services are being throttled by servers etc to help cope with the heavy load due to people being at home.
Message 5 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

BO 4 call of duty, I played I was in the game at the time on this host, it finds hosts in different places when it should not do this outside the zone, on stock firmware it does not send me to the game outside the zone

Message 6 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

he in all the games listed by me on the new firmware sends me to the game outside the geofilter zone , but in the stock firmeware finds the lobby with the game inside the ring as it should be and does not attach me to different lobbies outside the zone and finds for me game hosts with low ping, and if at the moment there are no suitable hosts, it does not send me outside the ring, but just waits for the right host in the game

Message 7 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it ever show the hosts as actually allowed outside the radius or do they always appear as a triangle?
Message 8 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

he shows for a circle and connects me in the game for a circle, I showed you on the screen that he connected me in the game outside the circle. I don't have permissions outside the radius, on stock firmware it connects only in the circle , and if there are no hosts in the selection of players , the game waits for the host to appear (works correctly)

Message 9 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

here is now added you screen on stock firmware he me in game connected to server in circle for him works correctly but on other firmware he me in game connects outside radius

Message 10 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I understand now, that is a whitelisted server required for online play, without it you wouldn't be able to play. It does not affect your general game ping.
Message 11 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

This affects my ping as it finds and connects me in a game outside of the circle radius where the ping is large. the fact that the new firmware in the game he joins me outside the radius of the circle which he should not, if the inside radius is not host he must not join the lobby outside the radius of the circle that is in the game when there is a selection of players he mounts already in the beginning of the game outside of the radius of the circle, but in stock firmware works correctly, inform developers please, not only I have this problem, I saw a message on the forum from people with the same problem

Message 12 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

From the pictures you have provided it appears to be working. The latest one the host is within your radius. Could you provide a screenshot where it shows an allowed host (not a triangle) outside your radius please?
Message 13 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

I will provide it later, but what does it matter if it is a host or a dedicated server, the geofilter should not attach me in the game beyond the ring zone, I repeat that on stock firmware it does not attach me in the game beyond the ring radius and works correctly
Message 14 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

Here is a shot in the game where he joined me outside the circle of what he should not do in bo4 and mw2019, the geofilter does not work on the new firmware, I repeat this when the game starts, when the match starts. he finds only triangles

Message 15 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

But the screen as he found on the stock firmware in my circle and works correctly

Message 16 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That triangle indicates that it has successfully been blocked, it's probably a server as well that is misclassified. There must be something else you have connected to as there is nothing in your radius. Zoom out of the Geo-Filter completely and see if there is anything else on the map you have connected to.
Message 17 of 26
MrXrated
Tutor

I'm having the same problem, already issued a refund from Amazon. I wish I could actually get this router to work correctly without having to return it. They should roll out a new firmware update for this model to fix these minor issues. The R-App isn't loading and I'm also get a ton of other bugs.
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 18 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear you're returning the router, hopefully when you see DumaOS 3.0 it will have alleviated the issues/concerns you have and you may consider us again.
Message 19 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

when does Duma OS 3.0 come out ?

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Sorry to hear you're returning the router, hopefully when you see DumaOS 3.0 it will have alleviated the issues/concerns you have and you may consider us again.

Message 20 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

it connects me to this triangle in the game as you do not understand what it should not do, I repeat on stock firmware it connects me to hosts or servers inside the circle as it should be and if they are not then it does not join me in the game to anyone (works correctly) upd: reducing the map does not help as does ping asist

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
That triangle indicates that it has successfully been blocked, it's probably a server as well that is misclassified. There must be something else you have connected to as there is nothing in your radius. Zoom out of the Geo-Filter completely and see if there is anything else on the map you have connected to.

Message 21 of 26
MrXrated
Tutor

I might just keep it until you guys sort out the problems. I just downgraded the software to XR300-V1.0.1.4_10.1.4 and it's working without any issues. If I were you guys, I'd look into what you did differently that caused this issue in the first place. The first version of the software works more rapidly and doesn't give any R-App or nil errors. 

Message 22 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We don't have a deadline at the moment but we should be doing a beta very soon. Hopefully you'll be able to provide us with some feedback on this during the beta.
Message 23 of 26
yurarnd
Tutor

I checked all the firmware versions and the geofilter works correctly only on stock as you indicated

Message 24 of 26
MrXrated
Tutor

I look forward to it, I already signed up. Hopefully you guys send it to me soon. RealHandsomeKing@gmail.com

I ended up forgetting my login credentials to my other account, so I made this one instead. I use too many emails and passwords, which is why that always ends up happening. LoLSmiley LOL

Take care for now Fraser, tell Luke and Ian I said hi.

Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7