Discussion stats
Announcements

Top Contributors
Reply
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Auto update has been disabled. I will not be enabling it anytime soon. Considering this has been a problem over. A year.

As for the comment above about not being able to ping.... that is the same problem we are all having... you can see thw devices but cant ping. Reboot router everything comes back. Can only be seen from wireless devices.
Message 226 of 242
Highlighted
NetDuma Partner

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

I'm hoping it'll all be resolved soon!
Message 227 of 242
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

I have made my way up to level 3 Experts in netgear. level 1 expert, and level 2 experts were useless. Level 3 is the same. All they claim is a fix is disable features on other devices to fix this problem. a quick fix for this right now is downgradeing to firmware version 2.1.0.6. Works with everything. Net gear has litterally called me back everyday since last week. Now they want remote access, sorry not happening. They are becoming a joke. 

Message 228 of 242
Highlighted
NetDuma Partner

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

At this stage I'd suggest staying on the stable firmware and wait for the fix to be released
Message 229 of 242
Highlighted
Guru

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Have you tried a manual FW update to v32 using IE11 or FF to load the FW file, the do a factory reset and setup from scratch afterwards to see if the problem continues? 

 

You could send Debug logs to NG support for there review if you don't want to grand remote access to the router. 

 


@Robbbert22 wrote:

I have made my way up to level 3 Experts in netgear. level 1 expert, and level 2 experts were useless. Level 3 is the same. All they claim is a fix is disable features on other devices to fix this problem. a quick fix for this right now is downgradeing to firmware version 2.1.0.6. Works with everything. Net gear has litterally called me back everyday since last week. Now they want remote access, sorry not happening. They are becoming a joke. 


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK853 v3.2.15.2#(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 230 of 242
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

I offered logs, they insisted remote access, i said not happening. With 2.1.0.6 its working good. I have tried many differnt resets etc, nothing. . Im willing to work with them and try to get this resolved, but the way the service people are talking to me. Not happening.
Message 231 of 242
Highlighted
Guru

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Understand. It would have been good to let them have "some" access to check things. I'm surprised then didn't take the debug logs as those are a bit more informative to them. 

 

Keep v6 loaded and wait for next FW update. I would recommend manually downloading the file and applying it using a web browser and not use autoupdate. 


@Robbbert22 wrote:
I offered logs, they insisted remote access, i said not happening. With 2.1.0.6 its working good. I have tried many differnt resets etc, nothing. . Im willing to work with them and try to get this resolved, but the way the service people are talking to me. Not happening.

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK853 v3.2.15.2#(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 232 of 242
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

I do it manually. I dont really like anything to auto update. People push updates thru so fast and with so many bugs. Its just not worth it
Message 233 of 242
Highlighted
Guru

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Same here. I don't really like using the Autoupdate. I prefer to manually load. 

 

Well keep whats loaded and wait for next update. You might want to try v32 if you wanna try that. Defenately, factory reset before, load FW, then factory reset after and setup from scratch.

 


@Robbbert22 wrote:
I do it manually. I dont really like anything to auto update. People push updates thru so fast and with so many bugs. Its just not worth it

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK853 v3.2.15.2#(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 234 of 242
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

I’m too having this same issue with my router.

Thanks
Message 235 of 242
Highlighted
Guru

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

 

Have you tried a manual FW update to v32 or v2.1.0.6 using IE11 or FF to load the FW file, the do a factory reset and setup from scratch afterwards to see if the problem continues? 


@Bojangles239 wrote:
I’m too having this same issue with my router.

Thanks

 

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK853 v3.2.15.2#(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 236 of 242
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

FW 2.3.2.40
ISP Modem is Arris TG1682g
Message 237 of 242
Highlighted
Guru

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Your ISP modem is a router as well. What mode is it working in? Router or Bridged? 

Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.


@Bojangles239 wrote:
FW 2.3.2.40
ISP Modem is Arris TG1682g

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK853 v3.2.15.2#(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 238 of 242
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

I have my ISP modem in bridge mode. It seems that every time I turn my Xbox off and then back on it has no connection. It connects fine through WiFi it’s just the lan port.
Message 239 of 242
Highlighted
Guru

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Disable Instant ON if it's enabled on the game console. 

Set a IP address reservation for the xbox ON the router. 


@Bojangles239 wrote:
I have my ISP modem in bridge mode. It seems that every time I turn my Xbox off and then back on it has no connection. It connects fine through WiFi it’s just the lan port.

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK853 v3.2.15.2#(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 240 of 242
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Is there going to be an firmware update to fix this.
Message 241 of 242
Highlighted
Guru

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Has to come from MS. The Instant ON feature is the problem that causes this. They have to fix it. It's been like this since day one on the xbox. Smiley Frustrated

Others have reported putting a non managed, non green ethernet switch in between the router and game console seems to allow Instant On to work correctly. 


@Bojangles239 wrote:
Is there going to be an firmware update to fix this.

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK853 v3.2.15.2#(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 242 of 242