× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 ipv6 over wifi

LOCKxPerses
Aspirant

xr500 ipv6 over wifi

Does anyone know how to set ipv6 on wireless connections?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

IPv6 is automatic mostly over LAN or wireless. IF IPv6 is setup on the XR router then it populates to both wired and wireless devices if they support IPv6. 

Message 2 of 6
LOCKxPerses
Aspirant

I have ipv6 setup and it's on but only on the lan if I use wifi it just uses ipv4. I cant use the wired connection since the port shuts off and restarts randomly and my nat type goes from open to unavailable. But using wifi it works. I must have a lemon router cause it has tons that is wrong with it. I spend more time fixing it that actually playing.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

And do you need IPv6 in order to play?

Message 4 of 6
LOCKxPerses
Aspirant

I play on xbox and it does work better on ipv6, with ipv4 I cant join any party chats because the nat type goes from open to unavailable.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

QoS will work better for IPv4 if you need it. I don't think IPv4 will be the cause of that. Do you have your ISP router in modem mode or the XR500 in it's DMZ? If using the Geo-Filter have you added your friends to your allow list so you can connect with them despite your settings?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7