× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SX10 vs SX8000

SX10 vs SX8000

I noticed that one of the features of the SX10 says "Integration with Nighthawk Routers".  What does this mean?  I have a Nighthawk Pro XR500, and am considering either the S8000 or the SX10.  I don't believe I really need all of what the SX10 has to offer, so I am wondering if the S8000 also has this "Integration"?

Model: SX10| Pro Gaming Multi-Gig Ethernet Switch, S8000| GS808E Nighthawk Gaming & Streaming Switch
Message 1 of 5
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi diehardbattery1,

• Integration with Nighthawk  Combine with NETGEAR Nighthawk routers for a top-notch home networking experience perfect for gaming.

Yes, the S8000 will work with the Nighthawk routers. It really depends on what are your needs and also what you are trying to do with the switches.

Below I have added both links to the specs of the S8000 and the SX10 for you. Please let me know if there is anything else. :]

S8000:
https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/switches/GS808E-Nighthawk.pdf

SX10:

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/switches/GS810EMX.pdf

- Jason N

Message 2 of 5
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi diehardbattery1,

I just wanted to check up on you and see if you needed anything else.

Let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 3 of 5

Actually, I am still unclear about the "integration" feature.  It is my understanding that at least in theory any switch should work with any router.  So I am interested in knowing what said "integration" with Nighthawk routers is done as stated on the SX10 feature list.  What additional features do you get (if any) by paring this with a Nighthawk router as opposed to other routers?

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Netgear marketing seems to talk about interoperability in terms of LAG and packet prioritization.

Some unifying on the UI, like a single point of management for the router and the Nighthawk switches (both the S8000 and the SX10), status information, ... is under exploration.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7