× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection problems with 2 computers

TDJohnston
Aspirant

Connection problems with 2 computers

When my brother or I play Valorant alone, we have no issues. When we both play the router disconnects from the internet completely for every device in the house after around 5 minutes of playing. This is specific to Valorant and does not happen on any another games. After restarting the router, the connections instantly come back up again. I have contacted both Valorant customer support and my ISP. The ISP does not see a connection issue from the modem when this happens. Both computers are on wired connections with reserved IPs. What can I do to fix this?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Connection problems with 2 computers

Hello TDJohnston,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
TDJohnston
Aspirant

Unfortunately it was more than 90 days ago.

Message 3 of 4
mesamitch
Aspirant

Hey!!! bro did you ever get this fixed

me and my son are having the same exact issue while trying to play valorant together

i have the RAX120 Router

and i hated it sense i bought it but frys went out of business as soon as i purchased it

a router for 500 bucks and its complete crap

i am so going back to asus

let me know if you found a fix 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7