× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Evolution of wifi equipment

andreaspo
Follower

Evolution of wifi equipment

Hello,

I have a house of 400 m2 in total, with thick walls, with 3 levels plus a building 50 m away. What equipment do I need to cover the whole with wifi?

Currently I am equipped with 1 ORBI RBK853-100EUS and 3 RBS850 satellites. The idea is to add a fourth satellite, but is it enough - or is it better to change the whole?

Regards
andreaspo
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Evolution of wifi equipment

The 8 series is one of the best mesh solutions you can get. 

If you have thick walls that are blocking wifi, you might look into running ethernet throughout the home. 

And your 50M distance to a separate building might need something to connect the main residence and the separate one. Either running an underground ethernet or a point to point system to connect them as I doubt the mesh will reach. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Evolution of wifi equipment

The 8 series is one of the best mesh solutions you can get. 

If you have thick walls that are blocking wifi, you might look into running ethernet throughout the home. 

And your 50M distance to a separate building might need something to connect the main residence and the separate one. Either running an underground ethernet or a point to point system to connect them as I doubt the mesh will reach. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7