× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX40 Slow Download Speed

Rosiswag
Follower

RAX40 Slow Download Speed

I'm currently paying for 50mbps down/4 mbps up from my ISP. When I perform a speedtest on wifi I typically get 6-10 mbps down, the highest I've seen in the past week was 20 mbps down. I tested a hardwired connection to my modem (Arris SB6183) and got my full 50 mbps down/4 mbps up speeds. 

How can I improve the speeds while I'm on wifi?

Currently have firmware version V1.0.3.64_1.0.1 on the RAX40.

QoS is disabled, I've never had it enabled.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX40 Slow Download Speed

have you tried a factory reset and manual reinstall?

The rax devices are pretty new and respond favorable to that because firmware has changed so much from release date. 

Message 2 of 4

Sensei - I have various problems with the RAX40 (slow wireless speeds among them) - what do you mean do a full reset and manual install?  I don't see how to do that on the admin interface.  And by manuall install - do you mean uploading the latest firmware using the router's web interface? 

I have Firmware Version V1.0.3.64_1.0.1

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@nickolai_nighth please start your own thread if you've got issues to we can address them. But yes, you can factory reset from the gui. 

advanced-----administration------backup----erase

and by install manually, don't use a backup configuration in case an old setting is causing the issue

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7