Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Couldn't get IP address

Mrcorvettegolfe
Aspirant

Couldn't get IP address

I have had this router for 2 years no problems until now. Wired devices have connection but wireless can't get an IP address. I have reset the router to factory specs and also have take off all the schedules in Security. Nothing seems to work. I have good internet from my cable modem. To test I have a Lynksys travel router and I can get wireless with that.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Mrcorvettegolfe
Aspirant

Re: Couldn't get IP address

I downloaded the latest version again and installed. All seems to be working now. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware version are you on? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Is the wireless broadcasting but just not able to connect? Is it connecting but saying "no internet"

What exactly is happening?

Message 2 of 10
Mrcorvettegolfe
Aspirant

Firmwave 1.3.1.64_10.1.36  I have automatic update and checked that this was the latest version

I have Optimum cable modem which is an Aris model.

I see that the wireless is broadcasting. It says "couldnt' obtain ip address" All wired devices work fine.

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

What arris modem is it? 
You're also not on the latest firmware. the latest is 1.3.2.134

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000P.aspx#download

try installing that version over a hardwired connection, do a factory reset, and then clean install. 

Message 4 of 10
Mrcorvettegolfe
Aspirant

Did what you posted. I installed latest firmware. Then did reset but nothing has changed. All wired devices are connected but wifi couldn't obtain ip address.I have 3 TV's one wired the other two wireless. One is a Insignia/firestick model and when I try to scan for networks it doesn't even show any. The other is a Samsung Smart TV and I was able to connect to the internet and when I tried Netflix it loaded but when I clicked on something to watch I get an error message. Also the same with HBOmax.

I tested the speed of cable modem and it is 75mbs. This is driving me crazy. I have reset modem also. I have to buy another Nighthawk or my wife will kill me and grandchildren when they come. What no Mario Brothers Grandpa!!!

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

You still haven't put what model modem it is
Message 6 of 10
Mrcorvettegolfe
Aspirant

Arris TM 1602. Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 10
Mrcorvettegolfe
Aspirant

I also have Netsetman which is a utility showing available networks, mac addresses, signal strenght etc. It show Netgear92 and Netgear 5G with a signal strenght of 99%. My Samsung phone show wifi signal strenght as very good but can't optain ip address. My desktop computer which I am typing you on is wireless and is connected. 

Message 8 of 10
plemans
Guru

The only other thing I'd try is installing version 1.3.0.20 of the firmware. Again, do it over a hardwired connection, do a factory reset, then a clean install of the router (not from a backup configuration). 

Message 9 of 10
Mrcorvettegolfe
Aspirant

I downloaded the latest version again and installed. All seems to be working now. Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7