Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MS80 Satellite cannot connect to router

ikeni
Aspirant

MS80 Satellite cannot connect to router

Hi I have three MS80 mesh satellites and a MR80 Router. They were all working after initial install about a year or so ago. One of the MS80s will not connect to MR80 Router. I tried reboot, reset no avail. When I plug in the MS80 the light flashes white then goes amber. I hit the sync button it starts white and then goes amber again. I don't know what it wrong and any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MS80 Satellite cannot connect to router

Have you turned OFF all other MS and brought the 3rd MS to the same room as the MR and attempted to manually sync it to the MR? 

Might try a factory reset of the MR and this one MS while in the same room with the MR and walk thru the setup wizard. After you reset the MS and MR and wait say 5 minutes before beginning the setup wizard, The MS should auto connect to the MR with out any syncing done by you. 

Message 2 of 4
ikeni
Aspirant

I tried all the suggestions but no luck. The light on the satellite blinks white, then turns amber. If I hit the sync button same thing.

I don't know if this makes a difference but I did notice a few weeks back the satellite would have an amber light and if I did sync it would connect and turn blue, but then would turn back to amber at random times, sometimes an hour, several hours or even a day or so. The other day it took a multitude of attempts before it turned blue and when I checked the router for attached devices it did not show the satellite was attached even though the light was blue.  Now, no matter how many times I reset, re-sync, unplug it just will not turn blue. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like the one MS maybe busted and needs replacing. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7