Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

NEW - NIGHTHAWK MESH WIFI 6 ROUTER #MR60

JRStone
Aspirant

NEW - NIGHTHAWK MESH WIFI 6 ROUTER #MR60

Hello fellow Computer geeks,

Bought this Router about 1.5 years ago. Been trying to update the Firmware on my router today using Netgear's web site and downloads.  Using the "Manual Update" option.  Now the REBOOT button "On the Status-satellite-info" is red and I cannot update the router.  I have tried: Unplugging power cord, Reset button and the Sync button on the router.  

Is there another way to force a restart on this router???

Thank you for any help...

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: NEW - NIGHTHAWK MESH WIFI 6 ROUTER #MR60

What error are you getting when you try to update the firmware? This is kind of key as you don't tell us where its failing in the process. 

We usually recommend updating the satellites first and then the router. 

When you download the file, are you extracting it first and then following the manual update process?

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded on the MR? What FW version are you trying to update too? 

There maybe a FW version that needs to be applied first before graduating to most current version. 

@JRStone wrote:

Hello fellow Computer geeks,

Bought this Router about 1.5 years ago. Been trying to update the Firmware on my router today using Netgear's web site and downloads.  Using the "Manual Update" option.  Now the REBOOT button "On the Status-satellite-info" is red and I cannot update the router.  I have tried: Unplugging power cord, Reset button and the Sync button on the router.  

Is there another way to force a restart on this router???

Thank you for any help...

Message 3 of 8
JRStone
Aspirant

HI and thank you for your reply.

I updated the firm ware "V1.0.4.96" the Satellite first with the "current version for MS60, which is V1.1.7.132"  Then I went on and updated the Firmware on the router with MR60, which is also V1.1.7.132.  When I check the router status it shows the new Firmware was in fact updated on the router and on one of the satellites.  However the second satellite still has the old firmware version.  I tried updating the second satellite with the MS60 firmware "V1.0.4.96" but nothing changed.  I see the update bar progress and I get the message to wait until the update is complete.  Also under router status is a "reboot" button that is colored red" but I cannot execute that button.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO.......I appreciate your help!!

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you happen to know what version of FW is on this 2nd MS? if you do, you may need to downgrade the MR back to same version thats on the MS. THEN, try to update the MS to more current versions of FW, If you can do this then update the MR lastly. Be sure to up MS always first before updating the MR. 

Message 5 of 8
JRStone
Aspirant

YES, 

The old Version of firm ware is V1.0.4.96.

I will try to change back to the old version tomorrow and the update the satellite and eventually the Router.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Do I need to do something different when upgrading the satellites?

Should the two satellites update together?

Message 6 of 8
JRStone
Aspirant

I wondered the same thing??

The old version is:  V1.0.4.96

Current version is:  V1.1.7.132

That is quite a jump.  Do you know??

And when the SW is updated on  satellite-1, should satellite-2 also update automatically?

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

can you log into the satellite using its IP address and update it from within its own gui interface?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7