Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

NIGHTHAWK MESH MR60

sophia1norah2
Follower

NIGHTHAWK MESH MR60

NEED TO CHANGE FROM 5G TO 2.4 NEED HELP I HAVE A NIGHTHAWK MESH MR60
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NIGHTHAWK MESH MR60

Hello sophia1norah2, 

The Nighthawk mesh system does not support this feature. As the MR60 is a mesh system and you are unable to split the networks.

Christian 

Message 2 of 5

Sure would have been nice to have some kind of warning before purchase. Can't believe that Amazon Echos wouldn't be able to reliably use it.  I understand cheap smart plugs having a problem. Grrr.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@JamesterReyburg wrote:

Can't believe that Amazon Echos wouldn't be able to reliably use it. 

This is something to discuss with Amazon in this case - especially on the early two or three Echo devices. Thier Eero Mesh units make use of the very same IEEE 803.11k and 802.11v (and probably to some extent 802.11r) protocols FWIW.

@JamesterReyburg wrote:

I understand cheap smart plugs having a problem. Grrr.

That's typically a limitation in the IoT discovery apps the software makers can fix.

Message 4 of 5

SOLVED Re: NIGHTHAWK MESH MR60 2.4GHZ

I already posted this solution on another thread, but thought I'd post it here too to save other people's sanity. Solution to the 2.4ghz setup question for internet devices. I found it here:
https://youtu.be/xarVXR1nSs8

But basically, you unplug your satellite boxes, then slowly walk away from your house, phone in hand, and watch the internet connection until it disengages. Then slowly walk back until it re-engages. This connects it to the 2.4ghz signal, and you  can then proceed to set up your device. It works! --Jamie

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7