× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk MS60 solid white light

abinda
Aspirant

Nighthawk MS60 solid white light

My satellite has suddenly stopped working. It was working fine for a while until now. It will not connect to the router and cannot be reset. The light is constantly solid white when plugged in. Tried resetting multiple times and nothing changed. I fully reset the router (MR60) and nothing has fixed the issue
Message 1 of 7

@abinda wrote:
Tried resetting multiple times and nothing changed. I fully reset the router (MR60) and nothing has fixed the issue

By resetting do you mean the reset "pinhole" in the back?

No luck with the Sync button?

Have you tried moving the MS60 nearer to the MR60?

Is is just one satellite? Or do you have others?

Is it wired to the MR60 or on a WiFi link?

The light is constantly solid white when plugged in.

That's not in the usual repertoire. Are you sure it isn't blue? They can be confusing.

Message 2 of 7
abinda
Aspirant

Yeah i tried resetting using the pinhole on the back. I tried moving it closer and wiring it into the router but no luck.This is the only satellite i have and it’s just solid white, it does not blink or anything, as soon as the power goes in it becomes solid white.
Message 3 of 7
abinda
Aspirant

I also tried updating the firmware on the website by plugging it into my computer. However there was not an option for the satellite and i could only see an option for the router
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Log into the MS web page and update FW there. You can update the FW directly using the MS web page.

@abinda wrote:
I also tried updating the firmware on the website by plugging it into my computer. However there was not an option for the satellite and i could only see an option for the router

Message 5 of 7
abinda
Aspirant

How do I log on the satellite webpage, Im aware you can login into the routers webpage with https://routerlogin.com/. If i succesfully connect to the satellite webpage do i need to be using the routers wifi and also Do i need to connect the satellit to my computer via ethernet to update the firmware?

Message 6 of 7

I'm afraid you have been given information by someone who thinks we all know how this stuff works. Too many steps missed out.

A lot of us are beginners.

@abinda wrote:

How do I log on the satellite webpage, Im aware you can login into the routers webpage with https://routerlogin.com/.

That's the place to start.

If i succesfully connect to the satellite webpage do i need to be using the routers wifi and also Do i need to connect the satellit to my computer via ethernet to update the firmware?

How you get there doesn't matter. Do what easiest for you.

If you can't get the app to update the firmware by remote control, here's how I do it.

First download and unzip the firmware for the satellite you want to update. Read the instructions.

Then login to the routers webpage.

Go to the Attached Devices bit in BASIC settings.

All being well, your satellite(s) will be at the top of the list, with their IP addresses.

It should look like this.

michaelkenward_0-1712609748645.png

Find the address of the satellite you want to upgrade.

Feed that IP address into a browser so get to its webpage (GUI).

That should get you to this:

michaelkenward_1-1712609903716.png

Then just follow the instructions. It is a lot like this:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Tell the GUI where to look for the firmware.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7