Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk mesh won't connect to internet

Nighthawk mesh won't connect to internet

Hi all,
I just purchased the nighthawk mesh wifi 6 system (MK63) and can't get it to receive an internet connection from my modem (vendor owned modem from Spectrum).
I spoke with a tech at the ISP (Spectrum) and they told me that this router only accepts internet of 1GB....a speed they don't offer. Is that accurate? That seems unlikely to me and I can't figure it out reading the specs on the nighthawk manual because I'm not super tech fluent.
Thanks!
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

start with factory resetting the modem and router. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while they're powered on. Then, once reset, power off the motorola and the netgear. disconnect all ethernet cables from both and the coax from the modem. 

Wait a couple minutes. 

Then connect coax back to the modem and then power it on. wait a few minutes for it to fully boot. 

then connect the modem to the routers wan port. 

Power the router on. wait a few minutes. 

Attempt setup. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@peteelliot2012 wrote:
Hi all,
I just purchased the nighthawk mesh wifi 6 system (MK63) and can't get it to receive an internet connection from my modem (vendor owned modem from Spectrum).---what actual modem is it? 
I spoke with a tech at the ISP (Spectrum) and they told me that this router only accepts internet of 1GB....a speed they don't offer. Is that accurate? ----No its not. It sounds like that technician was just trying to get you off the phone. That seems unlikely to me and I can't figure it out reading the specs on the nighthawk manual because I'm not super tech fluent.
Thanks!

What modem is it connecting to? (model)

Anything else connected to the modem?

Message 2 of 6

@plemans   thanks for the response.

Nothing else connected to the modem.

Modem is ISP provided, Motorola E31T2V1

I've tried the typical troubleshooting recommendations, unplugging power sources and starting them up in the recommended sequence etc. with no luck so far.

I then tried plugging back in the ISP provided router (Sagemcom F@st5260) and everything works fine when I'm using that router.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

start with factory resetting the modem and router. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while they're powered on. Then, once reset, power off the motorola and the netgear. disconnect all ethernet cables from both and the coax from the modem. 

Wait a couple minutes. 

Then connect coax back to the modem and then power it on. wait a few minutes for it to fully boot. 

then connect the modem to the routers wan port. 

Power the router on. wait a few minutes. 

Attempt setup. 

Message 4 of 6

@plemans   Thank you!!!! I can't believe it was that simple.  I really appreciate you, and the other knowledgeable folks on these forums, helping people out.

- Pete

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

I'm glad it worked!

Let us know if you have further issues and we're happy to help out

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 kudos