Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RS750 ethernet overhaul

pedropdm
Aspirant

Orbi RS750 ethernet overhaul

Hi!

I have a mesh network made of one router and two satellites and have been having issues with the ethernet overhaul and overall network stability (probably because the satellites keep jumping their connections from the router to the other satellite).

My router is connected to my ISP modem and then to a switch. Then I have each satellite connected to the switch via ethernet cable. This was working perfectly for 4 weeks and my whole house was fully covered with a very stable network.

A family member came over and did something to either the router or one of the satellites and now my whole network is a mess (I wasn't home and didn't see what he tried to do).

The issue I see is that the satellite is connected to the router via Wifi instead of Ethernet (or that it keeps changing from wifi to ethernet) even though the cable is physically connected and working (I connected directly to laptops, Apple TV, etc). How can I troubleshoot this?

Screenshot 2024-05-03 081235.png

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RS750 ethernet overhaul

It should go gateway---to-->Orbi router wan port----->Switch plugged into orbi lan port------>satellites. 

Is that how its connected?

Message 2 of 5
pedropdm
Aspirant

Yes, that's how it is connected for the past 4 weeks.

Message 3 of 5
pedropdm
Aspirant

When I disconnect the "living room" Orbi from power, the network goes back to being fully stable. Once I connect it, even the other wired connections have instability, so, the problem is definitely in that satellite.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

I'd check the wiring to ensure the switch isn't connected to the gateway and the orbi. I"ve seen that to many times. 

the switch has to come after the orbi. Nothing else should be connected to the gateway but the orbi

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7