× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

connection concerns with New Mesh Nighthawk and HP Office Jet 5255

Kjwinston
Aspirant

connection concerns with New Mesh Nighthawk and HP Office Jet 5255

Hello my computer Gou-roos. I set up my new Mesh Nighthawk and I love speed. It works well in all my rooms, except one? It sees my Printer HP Office Jet 5255 as a devise, My wife can print from the Living room but, I can not print and It is on the same desk top and the computer and the Modem. The Printer code HPAD3E2 is seen. The computer sees the HP printer, the Printer sees the Netgear91 SSID. I have put in the WiFi address into the system but when looking for it on the net work it can not find it, even though the config HP Network sees the netgear91 with all the instructed info given. I even let windows trouble shoot as well as HP doctor? I can't believe that my wife who has a Mac can print but I can not right next to the modem. I have tried also to reboot all the 3 divies (Computer, Printer, and Router.) just a mystery to me. need some other advise on what to do. (besides going out to buy a new printer.) 

KJ 

Message 1 of 13
plemans
Guru

Re: connection concerns with New Mesh Nighthawk and HP Office Jet 5255

I'd check with the printer manufacturer.

Is your windows device set as private or public? 

Message 2 of 13
schumaku
Guru

Nighthawk Mesh model (router/satellite) or kit model number?

Is the current firmware in place on all Nighthawk Mesh devices? Vaguely remember there was once upon a time an issue that e.g. a printer discovery was only possible while connected to the router wireless.

Message 3 of 13
Kjwinston
Aspirant

See this model is Not on the list? Got it from Costco. Everything is lined up except the rinter HP Office Jet 5255. The Printer sees the Network, the Computer is connected to NetGear 91 with a Address of 192.168.1.4 But it will not see anything in the Queue? Or Print.

@plemans wrote:

I'd check with the printer manufacturer.

Is your windows device set as private or public? 

Private Netgear91 Printer sees network, computer does also? 

Message 4 of 13
Kjwinston
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

Nighthawk Mesh model (router/satellite) or kit model number?

Is the current firmware in place on all Nighthawk Mesh devices? Vaguely remember there was once upon a time an issue that e.g. a printer discovery was only possible while connected to the router wireless.

They are next to each other? My Phone even sees the printer but does not print? 

Message 5 of 13
Kjwinston
Aspirant

The model is the AX 1800 Mesh MK63S

Message 6 of 13
Kjwinston
Aspirant

Private
Message 7 of 13
Kjwinston
Aspirant

Hello helpers. It seems this is a big mystery, and it seems now it is after Christmas a real concern. I can see 5 devices on my network. One of them is my HP Printer. I had a Arris Surfboard which was the modem and router. Very slow so I went out to costco and bought the Netgear Nighthawk Mesh with 6G. My printer HP Office Jet 5255 (HPAD03E2) is seen my the devices. My computer sees the printer which is Private network. It is listed at 2.4GHz. Now here is the kicker. If I want some thing printed today I have to send it to my wife who in turns prints the documents on her iPad??? The printer sees the Mesh WIFI and register the IP address as 192.168.1.4 which the computer sees that address also. But when I select that number in Google iot times out. Is this because I turn off Armor security for I have my own VPN? I have worked on this concern since December 23 and seem no one can help me. I love that the mesh is so fast but, returning it to Costco might be the correct answer. I am getting so discouraged. No on seems to want to help anymore, giving the excuse Covid, or staff shortages. If you are backed logged just tell me and I will wait even more. 

Does this Mesh system not work with HP printers?  I bought the MR 60 nighthawk and it is not on the List above??? My Modem is one that my satelite service recommended and seems to do weel. (Arris SBG10) It connected weel to the Mesh Router. The printer set up wizard gave me the SSID name and address : Netgear91and the address 192.168..1.4 Everone sees them selvers except NO PRINTING! 

I am sure I am the stupid one but I have disconnedted every unit on the systerm and rebooted everything. NO PRINTING? 

The printer is NOT that old, but most likely a 2.4 GHz. Is this a conern???  I love the unit, I followed the instructions and all seem well till I tried to PRINT. Thank you for giving me your time on this. Maybe some one from Netgear could talk to HP support. Wouldn't that be a concept? 

Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

If your ISP modem has a built in router, This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router. 

Contact HP support for help and information regarding there products. 

Message 9 of 13
Kjwinston
Aspirant

Boy you made me feel stupid...I am so sorry I am completely lost. I thought the DMZ was the border between North and south Korea. Can you speak a little more english on this...just a little. I have never heard of a Pass through? Why is this so hard to connect the printer when all other devices seem so easy? I get now about 10-15 notices a day of others having the same concern about there printers not connceting with HP Printers??? 

At least Net gear is trying where as HP could care less. 

Thanks ahead of time

KJ

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Is both the printer and your PC connected to the MR mesh system? 

I presume that when you sent the print file to your wife that her device is connected to the MR system? 

IF both printer and your PC are connected to the MESH system, I would either remove the print driver from the PC and re-install the printer driver and walk thru it's setup wizard. It should ask about about connecting either USB or Networking and offer you to input a IP address of the printer or it may do a search for the printer and hopefully find the printer and then continue to install it on your PC. 

You might connect the printer via LAN cable to the MR and see if anything changes. 

Message 11 of 13
Kjwinston
Aspirant

Thanks again Furry for taking tht time to answer. I most likely am making a mountain out of a mole hole. But, I am not the greatest anymore on the computers that I use to be. (been around since 286 systems.) 

Both Printer and PC are on the same network. I can see the Printer on my device screen and On the printer itself I get the address 192.168.1.4 . The nighhawk is conncected to the Arris Modum which is reciieving the Cable information. So the map is Cable>Arris>Nighthawk> devices (TV, 2 Phones, Sony Disc player, Wife iPad and her Laptop. Now on the device list is the HPAD03E2 Printer.) The printer is on the 2.4 GHz list. 

My Wife does everything in the living room which has the 2 satellites. I am in the "Cave" which carries the PC, the Modeum and the Nighthhawk Router. 

The Printer has been rebooted many times and It shows me the SSID (Netgear91) and the Address of the Router. I qwill presume it sees the Network. 

How do I remove the "Print Driver" From the PC. Why would that effect the conncetion? I have done this about 3 times for it did all 3 times ask me if I was connceting to USB or Wireless. I chose Wireless all the times. I even put inm the address (above) and It comes back as NOT seeing that Printer address?? But, that is the one it shows on the printer as well as the Computer. It really seems it does not see the Network, which the Printer gave me all the MR information. Could this be a conflict between Nighthawk GHz6 ready and if the Modum could be 5GHz only? Just guessing here? 

Again thanks for you time to find out why my wife can print but, not me? 

KJ

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

@Kjwinston wrote:

Thanks again Furry for taking tht time to answer. I most likely am making a mountain out of a mole hole. But, I am not the greatest anymore on the computers that I use to be. (been around since 286 systems.) 

I've been around since the analog dialup cup holder and continual sheet fed keyboard only PC and the PET computer. Smiley Wink

Both Printer and PC are on the same network. I can see the Printer on my device screen and On the printer itself I get the address 192.168.1.4 . The nighhawk is conncected to the Arris Modum which is reciieving the Cable information. So the map is Cable>Arris>Nighthawk> devices (TV, 2 Phones, Sony Disc player, Wife iPad and her Laptop. Now on the device list is the HPAD03E2 Printer.) The printer is on the 2.4 GHz list. 

My Wife does everything in the living room which has the 2 satellites. I am in the "Cave" which carries the PC, the Modeum and the Nighthhawk Router. 

The Printer has been rebooted many times and It shows me the SSID (Netgear91) and the Address of the Router. I qwill presume it sees the Network. 

Is Netgear91 the SSID name your using on the MR? 

How do I remove the "Print Driver" From the PC. Why would that effect the conncetion? I have done this about 3 times for it did all 3 times ask me if I was connceting to USB or Wireless. I chose Wireless all the times. I even put inm the address (above) and It comes back as NOT seeing that Printer address?? But, that is the one it shows on the printer as well as the Computer. It really seems it does not see the Network, which the Printer gave me all the MR information. Could this be a conflict between Nighthawk GHz6 ready and if the Modum could be 5GHz only? Just guessing here? 

Seems like your PC and the printer driver your installing on the computer is not communicating or able to see the printer though it should. 

Is the PC wired or wireless connected to the MR or MS? 

You might try this, turn OFF the MS temporarily. Just work with the MR, PC and Printer connected to the MR. 

I would wire connect the PC to the MR. 

Use HP software under Programs and Features to remove the driver software from the PC. 

Then run the software installation program again on the PC. 

The IP address seen on the printers config page should be the IP address used when the software install wizards asks you for an IP address if you choose input IP address option. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7